New to the sight

Five-O

Hello all, just want to introduce myself, I'm Five-o from western Maryland (at the moment) just bought the 2014 FZ6R changed up from a Ninja 300. would really like some input on this bike it is totally different from the 300. Anyway Hello..

latony007

Hello all, just want to introduce myself, I'm Five-o from western Maryland (at the moment) just bought the 2014 FZ6R changed up from a Ninja 300. would really like some input on this bike it is totally different from the 300. Anyway Hello..
Welcome, you got a great all around bike. The inline 4 is a big change from the 300. You will love it. get ready to spend some money on all the cool mods you will see on this site :)
Be safe

lytehouse

Super Moderator
Hello Five-O! And :welcome: aboard

RoadTrip

just bought the 2014 FZ6R, would really like some input on this bike
Good choice, I-4 engines rock, and Yamaha dialed this one so it pulls real good from top to bottom. Once you get acclimated, you will find that you can use pretty much all the power it has to offer and it is plenty enough power to get a good sport riding experience, pulls real clean on corner exits.

The one thing to watch out for is the rear brake lock up, it can happen on any bike, but I locked it several times during the time I owned the FZ6R, luckily the upright steering is very good for balancing a rear lock up slide (it's actually kinda fun, but certainly not something you want to happen).

Post up a pic when you get a chance.

Five-O

Good choice, I-4 engines rock, and Yamaha dialed this one so it pulls real good from top to bottom. Once you get acclimated, you will find that you can use pretty much all the power it has to offer and it is plenty enough power to get a good sport riding experience, pulls real clean on corner exits.

The one thing to watch out for is the rear brake lock up, it can happen on any bike, but I locked it several times during the time I owned the FZ6R, luckily the upright steering is very good for balancing a rear lock up slide (it's actually kinda fun, but certainly not something you want to happen).

Post up a pic when you get a chance.
So you don't have the FZ6R anymore, thanks for the input and yeah it does pull great compared to the 300(no regrets with the 300)IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

buzzbomb

Elite Member

b6r

when i sold my cbr250r for the fz6r, first thing i did was, find the biggest empty industrial parking lot on a quiet weekend and i tried everything that i was comfortable doing on my cbr250r like ....emergency braking, clutch play, tire lock-up, 0-60mph :D ..... etc.

for me, that's the best way to know what's "new", and it's safer since i was already comfortable doing those on my last bike. maybe try that :iconbeer:.

nice bike Five-O, love that color-scheme also!

Five-O

Welcome, and those are some SWEET pics! You should consider entering Bike of the Month. The color-scheme is hot like, well, I keep getting a short vid in my head of Chris Rock in Fifth Element saying "Hot, Hot Hot!"

You're going to love the 6R. How long have you been riding?
Started riding when I was around18 stopped for around 30 years finally slapped the stupid off and started again( if anyone hears me DONT EVER STOP just saying) bought a ninja 300 to get back in the saddle great bike but just a hair shy of what I wanted the FZ6R feels like a good fit. As for the Fifth Element HOT, HOT, HOT was Milla Jovovich jumping off the building.

Five-O

when i sold my cbr250r for the fz6r, first thing i did was, find the biggest empty industrial parking lot on a quiet weekend and i tried everything that i was comfortable doing on my cbr250r like ....emergency braking, clutch play, tire lock-up, 0-60mph :D ..... etc.

for me, that's the best way to know what's "new", and it's safer since i was already comfortable doing those on my last bike. maybe try that :iconbeer:.

nice bike Five-O, love that color-scheme also!
Thanks sounds like good advise. biggest difference so far is what I was doing with 6 gears I'm know doing with 3 LOL also have to get used to the extra 70 Lbs.

lark

biggest difference so far is what I was doing with 6 gears I'm know doing with 3 LOL also have to get used to the extra 70 Lbs.
I had a buell blast before the yamaha, I'm always forgetting there are extra gears up there to shift into. Also, I feel like one of those astronauts getting their faces all squished up when I accelerate, even riding it gently in break in mode it's such a huge difference in pull.