New to FZ6R Fourm

PF2411

New here. I am looking to buy a good low miles FZ6R. I am selling my 2007 FZ1 and want to get back to a mid size bike. Sometime too much power is a bad thing. I see lots of bikes for sale here. Hopefully I will have some luck.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome and good luck!

husker525

Welcome to the site! I have a few connections in the Colorado area, so if you would like me to look around this area for a used FZ6R, please let me know. All this snow is making people sell their bikes, plus the economy is forcing the sale of toys.

RoadTrip

New here. I am looking to buy a good low miles FZ6R. I am selling my 2007 FZ1 and want to get back to a mid size bike. Sometime too much power is a bad thing. I see lots of bikes for sale here. Hopefully I will have some luck.
Hey, I am curious about the FZ1, you are the second person I have read on internet saying they found the FZ1 too powerful - is it that it's too much power to be fun, or it's getting you in trouble?

Stephenfz6r

Hey, I am curious about the FZ1, you are the second person I have read on internet saying they found the FZ1 too powerful - is it that it's too much power to be fun, or it's getting you in trouble?
Somebody mentioned last week that the FZ1 can do zero to a felony in first gear, that sort of sums up the trouble aspect of it.:surrender:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

PF2411

Marthy,

My 2007 was the Raven Black and bone stock. The Yamaha website would have the identical picture of what my bike looked like. It is a great bike but heavy feeling, too much power for the riding I do. I'm an older guy so I do not need to do 155mph.

Besides, I did that last summer on a trip to San Diego from Tucson. Wide open Interstate 8 just outside of Yuma, AZ has a 30 mile dead straight stretch with no on / off ramps. It is a great place to do your "land speed" record. I did it just the one time. Rolling it up to 155 (speed measured by GPS) held it there for 10 seconds or or so then brought it down to my previous 90mph cruising speed. Keep in mind this highway is nothing like I-95 on the east coast or I-5 in CA, OR or WA. There is not a sole on this section at 5:30am. I'll never do it again and this was the only time I did it here. One for the bucket list sort of thing.

Anyway cool bike indeed easy to die on or get thrown in jail...