New rider from MD

mashuga

Hey guys' picked up a new 2012 white over the weekend, now that the rain has gone away I can't get enough, I feel I should take off work to get some miles on.

I took the MSF class a few weeks ago and got my license last Friday.

Still new to the game and have found the forums to be a wealth of good info, I've been lurking here for a few weeks while doing research..

Figured it was time time to say hello. Hi...

Right now I'm working on getting used to traffic, have yet to hit the highway but figured I should take it slow.

I ordered some trex frame sliders that I hope to put on this weekend.

Next purchases..
Guardian Weatherall Cover
Xena disc lock (if I find one that fits under the seat)
Detailing stuff
Basic tools and lubessss

I'm debating on if I should do my 1st service myself or the dealer, I'm no mechanic but feel I may be ok, granted it may be nice having someone go over for me, to make sure it's all up to par.

Besides oil change what should I be on the look out for on top of what the manual states?

I paid 8100 OTD, steep I know but it didnt seem it was possible for any dealer to go lower.

I may not have much to offer yet, but hope to learn all I can.

- D

r0ar

Hey well welcome and thanks for ( finally) joining haha. I personally would still let them do the FIRST service but then again you probably have more knowledge on mechanics then I do. Congrats on making it through the MSF course. Any questions you have dont be afraid to ask. And im sure someone here will have an answer for you. :)

dom02

Welcome, I took the course and got my fz6r a couple Weeks ago. Once you get used to the wind, highway speeds isn't bad at all. Tucking a little helps. I'm still getting used to traffic too. Today is the first day bringing mine to work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Szajko

Welcome to the forums (officially)! Nice choice going with the Pearl white too! I almost got that one :p

These forums are great though and if you ever need help, just ask. Whenever you get bored too, check out the chat sometime. You might even catch theRook "going Rook" in there!

r0ar

Welcome to the forums (officially)! Nice choice going with the Pearl white too! I almost got that one :p

These forums are great though and if you ever need help, just ask. Whenever you get bored too, check out the chat sometime. You might even catch theRook "going Rook" in there!
Pearl White is the fastest 6r that is on the market!! And yes occasionally theRook graces us with his appearance.

mashuga

Thanks for the welcome, you guys are quick!
Ha

I'm on Frederick county, I plan to commute eventually up and down 270 and. Route 15, but that probably wont be for a bit.

The roads seemed a little empty yesterday evening so I almost hopped on the highway, havn been above 50mph yet...

I have noticed people passn by me sometimes, how far off being accurate is our speedometer?

How much did you guys pay for the 1st service?

I like learning the tech aspects, but don't want to jab it up when it's brand new!

r0ar

Thanks for the welcome, you guys are quick!
Ha

I'm on Frederick county, I plan to commute eventually up and down 270 and. Route 15, but that probably wont be for a bit.

The roads seemed a little empty yesterday evening so I almost hopped on the highway, havn been above 50mph yet...

I have noticed people passn by me sometimes, how far off being accurate is our speedometer?

How much did you guys pay for the 1st service?

I like learning the tech aspects, but don't want to jab it up when it's brand new!
They say roughly 5 MPH off. Once you hit 50 and start to feel the bike gliding it will all be easy after that. The deal here said 200 after its all said and done.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

mashuga

5mph guess they try and trick you huh... I'll have to speed up than!

I'll call around, and see what the price would be.

Dont want to miss something my first time anyway.

The pearl white just jumped out at me, I almost got the raven, but someone had an offer on it prior to me getting to the dealer, I then went to another dealer and saw the pearl sitting next to an anniversary edition r6, white and red, and I was sold!!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

viper4321

kinda a old thread, but welcome, enjoy the bike, ive had my 2011 for a couple months now. btw i'm down in the rockville area.

mashuga

Awesome, seems to be quite a few people in the md/pa/va area..
Does anyone here ever plan any meet ups or events?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member