Administrator
Staff member
Teaser pic....

uploadfromtaptalk1336257858249.jpg

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

CrazyCawi

Saddle bag supportzzzzzz

bmw675

nah, he's going for the huge exhaust look.

please ignore my 'paint' photoshop skills, or lack there of.

ChUcK

aluminum rear rack for tail bag and stuff.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
uploadfromtaptalk1336264648502.jpg

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, so both sides are done for now. No pics because the sun left me for China. Lame....

Anyway, $18 worth of materials and I now have solved my saggy bags problem. I'm might try to smooth all the edges out and get it painted or powder-coated. I'm also in the planning stage for building a topcase rack, but that will be for another time. Overall, very pleased with how they turned out, even if they look a little redneckish at the moment.

CrazyCawi

Alright, so both sides are done for now. No pics because the sun left me for China. Lame....

Anyway, $18 worth of materials and I now have solved my saggy bags problem.

Do you have this in pill form? :eek::troll: Youd be rich as HELL-O operator gimme #9

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have this in pill form? :eek::troll: Youd be rich as HELL-O operator gimme #9
:rof: I could market it as an aluminum deficiency that causes saggy bags.

Sparkxx1

I uh....

finally broke down and bought myself a B-day present.... my Givi saddle bags, they should be in, in a week or two... (mount was on back-order)....

I was/still am bummed that a piece of bent metal costs $198 (and the bags... uh........ $400 something)... but I'm also tired of worrying about leaving my soft luggage for long trips.

FWIW.... my right side Cortech Saddlebags have a nice tire wear spot in them from when the wife and I visited the track to watch some friends... had I built something like what you're doing... they'd have survived (not busted through, but an eyesore none-the-less).
Honestly I thought the same way as you did when I bought mine. God this is so expensive for no reason. But just the ability to quickly take the luggage off and put it back on easily and with peace of mind, makes it worth it! I'm very happy with my givi.