New Pit Bull Rear Stand Question

Timbo64

I used my new Pit Bull stand today and it does a good job of holding the bike up. The only problem is that the bike tends to slide forward. In about 20 minutes of sitting on the stand, the stand slid forward about four inches on the swingarm. My swingarm is very clean and not oily nor are the rubber pads on the stand. Is this just the "nature of the beast" if one does not have spools?
The two red round rubber pads on the bottom of the swingarm rest may be turning and making the problem worse.

As is, it works good for chain cleaning and maintenance, but I can't imagine using it to remove the rear wheel and leaving it resting on the stand for any length of time in the garage.

Any suggestions?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BKP

Is this a reversible stand (spool catch on one side, swingarm rests on the other), or just the swingarm rests?

I'd recommend spools (I've used the T-Rex spools on this and my last bike, with no issues at all), with the rear stand. The PitBull is an awesome stand (I use it as well), but swingarm rests aren't optimal.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Mtn Rider

Pit Bull Stand Placement on Swingarm

I had the same problem with the Pit Bull stand sliding forward. Unless I have to adjust the chain I just place the lift tabs behind the axle (rather than in front of the axle) so the lift slides forward and stops against the axle nuts.

But you're right about not leaving your bike lifted too long. The lift will eventually slide forward to where the swingarm narrows until swingarm simply falls through the tabs.

Timbo64

I bought the stand with the just the swingarm rests, not the combo setup.

I'll probably just get a center stand.

The Pit Bull stand is built like a tank!