New owner/member in the DFW area

Rey LeQuan

Super ecstatic about my purchase, I've been in the market but I couldn't find the right bike. Glad to join!

I work at a press shop (high quantity paper printing mostly), and we use bike chains to hold up plates on certain parts of our large printing press. Yesterday morning my boss asked me to go to the local Yamaha shop to purchase a new master link so we could replace a broken section of chain. I could already tell something was brewing on the day of our supposed apocalypse (I've been in the market for a bike for a while). So I arrived at the shop, walked up to the parts counter and made my request for the master link, and while they were making sure to get the right size, I started browsing the wares. I already knew I liked the sport category for riding position and powerband, and once I saw the white FZ6R in person my jaw dropped. I got the part I needed and started asking about bike prices. It ranged from $7300-7600 depending on which salesman was walking by. The last salesman mentioned that the bike I was looking at was actually a 2010 and was marked down to $5800. I took a long lunch and filled out an credit application, got approved on the spot with $0 down, and told them I'd be back after my 9-5 day was over and before my 7-12 (second job) night started. On the way to pick up the bike, they called with bad news and good news. BN - The 2010 was actually sold a week ago, so I was looking at a 2012. GN - They were willing to give me the same price. OTD for under MSRP. More pics to follow

Riding experience - dirt bikes from age 6 up, cousin's Ducati on and off the track, uncle's BMW and KTM on and off track

I'm in love (not the best color quality in the photo)

My best friend got a better pic on his camera

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member