New Mirrors

cloudfire

I finally bit the bullet and used some Christmas money to buy a set of mirrors from Ebay. They were listed as as zx6r compatible mirrors with turn signals. I plan to eventually switch out the front signals with flush mounts but wanted the visibility of signals that stick out from the bike. Flashers on the mirrors seemed to fit the bill. The base of the mirrors didn't quite fit in the indention on the fairings but I don't think it looks too bad. I also had to drill a hole in the rubber boot to run the wires to the turn signal. The wiring was also a little interesting because they were 22 gauge rather than 18 like the stock signals, which made splicing tedious. The final look was much better than the rabbit ears and I like the signals on it.

Whadya think?

Attachments

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

cloudfire

Unfortunately there is no swivel adjustment built into the arms where they attach to the bike, so I couldn't pull them down any. That would definitely help with visibility and aesthetics. I would prefer them to angle down more. It looks like FZWhite's were too low. Something in the middle would be better. I only paid $40 for these. It'll have to warm up and dry out a bit more for me to decide whether to keep them or not.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

Bar end mirrors are where its at. Ive got crg arrows and they work very well and i think they look better than standard mirrors overall. When i had my zx6r mirrors my handle bars would run into them at full lock and i almost dumped the bike once because my brake lever got wedged in between and locked the front brakes lol. When i got my clipons i just went ahead and bought the barends and i think they are way better. The crgs are expensive but i got lucky on ebay and found a private seller selling two brand new ones for less than one normally costs. But there are generic ones everywhere that are inexpensive.

Hello my real name is Adam.

miketriebsch

Yea I really like my bar end mirror, I can still see behind me at full tuck. Plus I think they look the best.

behindXgrnXeyes

Hmm, the one thing I dont like is how they stick STRAIGHT up....but I also never knew you thought they were a hassle chad so...good to know