New Mirrors

richr4u

This is the first time I have posted on here! I just wanted to show people the mirrors I have just fitted to my bike. I cut the little fingers off a pair of black heavy duty gloves (and a little bit of the hand area) and used them with the stock rubber mirror covers and thought it looked quite neat?

Attachments

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

richr4u

Better than I expected! I have managed to angle them so I can see around the same as I could with the stock mirrors.

richr4u

Hmm. That's a neat way to do that. I bought those same mirrors, but didn't like the way they fit on the bike, but I didn't think to use the stock rubber bases. Did you get the blinkers working too?
Yep the wires fitted inside the original fittings. (Oooh forgot to mention! I did drill a little hole in the fairing just below the bolt hole to fit the wires through, the rubbers cover them, even if I reverted back to the stock mirrors.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

they look gorgeous

richr4u

Those are the same mirrors that I first put on my bike before I went with the OEM Ninja mirrors. I wasn't thrilled with the viewing on them when sitting on it. Made for a difficult way to see behind you.
I have more or less got the arms bent towards the back of the bike as far as they will go. Before I did this all I could see was sky! But that is the reason I had to use rubber glove fingers as the covers that came with the mirrors looked all bunched up when I had moved the mirror arms all the way back that far. I have a decent view. Around the same as the stock ones.

BoneJj

I would think they need just a couple more inches of length to each side to be effective to actually see things on the road.

That's the one issue I have with most sport bikes, the mirror suck a big one! I like the fact that I can see directly behind me on my vulcan 900 and I'm certainly going to have to find a method for my next bike, once I finally sell my bike....

miketriebsch

I have ninja mirrors on mine but I tell ya I really like those lol. Where would I find those bad boys?

richr4u

A couple of extra inches is always a good thing apparently!? But I can see everything I need to behind me. I bought them from eBay from Tunerx-factory. Took a while to arrive from Asia but were really cheap and are of good quality.

ivweekends

Modifying the Mirrors

This is the first time I have posted on here! I just wanted to show people the mirrors I have just fitted to my bike. I cut the little fingers off a pair of black heavy duty gloves (and a little bit of the hand area) and used them with the stock rubber mirror covers and thought it looked quite neat?
Hey where did you get the mirrors and what's the model and make? I like to get rid of the original mirrors and replace with ones that are not so vertical...more like your laying horizontal. The other person saying he just used Ninja mirrors does that mean Kawasaki mirrors work on Ymaha right out of the box? Any info will be appreciated.

Roaddawg

Hey where did you get the mirrors and what's the model and make? I like to get rid of the original mirrors and replace with ones that are not so vertical...more like your laying horizontal. The other person saying he just used Ninja mirrors does that mean Kawasaki mirrors work on Ymaha right out of the box? Any info will be appreciated.
"search" mirrors and you'll find all kinds of threads on here. There's quite a few different ones out there that forum members have already tested and mounted.