New midsize Harleys

Sander Koop

Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Agreed. Oh, and the XJ6/FZ6R is not a sport bike. It is a capable small capacity commuter.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Okay, then why this -- Go to Yamaha.com look for the FZ6R it is listed under "Super Sport", just saying that is what Yamaha labels it, not me. 2014 Yamaha FZ6R Home, information :D
What else do you label it? Harley killer?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yellowfz

Supersport? A detuned FZ6 motor, which is itself a detuned R6 motor, in a budget frame, with budget suspension? I think not. I love it, but a supersport it is not!

When you bought your FZ6, you bought it because it looked like a commuter moped or a sport bike? :)
I do agree the FZ6 is a sexier bike.

Y

yellowfz

I bought it because it was an affordable 600cc commuter.

And you knew it was that because of "Sport Bike Mag" review?
Because it looked like a cruiser, commuter or sport? :D
Not its characteristics. :D
Come on say it, it is not that hard.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Sander Koop

Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Because it was a naked bike, mainly. Hate faired sports crotch rockets... And because it was cheap. I commute year round on the bike, and wrote off my XJR 1300...

But what did it look like a sport bike or a cruiser? :D

Pinarello Rider

Supersport? A detuned FZ6 motor, which is itself a detuned R6 motor, in a budget frame, with budget suspension? I think not. I love it, but a supersport it is not!

^^^This^^^^

But like has been said in other posts, Yamaha classifies it as a SuperSport, and why I put "sport" in quotations. Not the word I would use, but one that others do.

The point is that the new Harleys aren't likely to be aimed at this crowd. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't look at this bikes with an open mind. If it draws new riders into our sport, I think great. But I also ride not because I want to be an "outlaw" or a "rebel" or in a small fraternity of people, but because I enjoy it, regardless of what anyone ELSE thinks.

If the new Harley bikes bring more people to our fold, and puts more bikes on the road, I say GREAT. Less smog, less congestion, less use of a non-renewable resource, and probably most importantly, more care by drivers begin to LOOK for us because they have ridden in our shoes.

FastFreddy

I remember they got bailed out on the condition they move some production to India. So the govt gets in more debt and some Harley's are made in India.

Will they be happy when everyone is eventually equally poor ?

Pinarello Rider

I remember they got bailed out on the condition they move some production to India. So the govt gets in more debt and some Harley's are made in India.

Will they be happy when everyone is eventually equally poor ?
Proof? ____

danieljardim

Enough with the bash war.

Iphone x Android
PS3 x xbox
PS4 x Xbox one
Ford x Chevy x Dodge
Cruiser x Sport
Sport x Super sport
Harley x Everything else

Can we just get along respecting everybody else's purchase decision?

You don't like the product and want to bash it, it's fine with me, but bashing the person who purchased the product that you personally don't like for whatever reason it's a little bit too much.

The world needs better human beings. Why not start from here. ;)

latony007

Iphone x Android
PS3 x xbox
PS4 x Xbox one
Ford x Chevy x Dodge
Cruiser x Sport
Sport x Super sport
Harley x Everything else

You don't like the product and want to bash it, it's fine with me, but bashing the person who purchased the product that you personally don't like for whatever reason it's a little bit too much.

LOL cant we all just get along!

BTW :)

Apple sucks, android same features half the price
PS4 all the way
Ford chevy dodge? They all still in business? Go Japanese or German
cruiser vs. sport I have both. Cruiser better for long trips and 2 ups, sport just more fun in general to drive.
Sport vs. super sport. I cant deal with the laying on the tank thing for my back so I go with sport. According the few guys I have talked to the lay down position doesn't get you anything unless your racing moto gp.
Harleys vs. anything. See apple vs. android. Same people who have to have an I phone and nothing else have to have a Harley and nothing else. Why? cause it says I or Harley on it and they love to pay twice as much for the name.

danieljardim

PS4 all the way
cruiser vs. sport I have both. Cruiser better for long trips and 2 ups, sport just more fun in general to drive.
Sport vs. super sport. I cant deal with the laying on the tank thing for my back so I go with sport. According the few guys I have talked to the lay down position doesn't get you anything unless your racing moto gp.
Harleys vs. anything. See apple vs. android. Same people who have to have an I phone and nothing else have to have a Harley and nothing else. Why? cause it says I or Harley on it and they love to pay twice as much for the name.

BigRobb

PS4 all the way
Couldn't have said it better myself

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk

Sander Koop

Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

Iphone x Android
PS3 x xbox
PS4 x Xbox one
Ford x Chevy x Dodge
Cruiser x Sport
Sport x Super sport
Harley x Everything else

Agreed!! The amount of hate between STi owners and Evo owners was ridiculous to the point of stupidity.

I will say this about Apple products tho. I agree that they are inferior (after using my iPod Nano for about a year, and iTunes which is pure an utter garbage), it is really nice to be able plug my iPod into my car use the controls to cycle through the playlist options. I am not aware of another product that allows you to do that.