New member in Texas

trackfiend

Hello everyone. My current bike is a 2001 GSXR600K1 and is a great bike, but not exactly comfortable for long rides. I'm hoping to be an FZ6R owner in the next couple weeks. Looking to do a naked conversion on the one I'm looking at as it has fairing damage, but the price is right and I like the XJ6N. Great to meet all of you and hope to be able to contribute in the future.

DakinechicK

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :cheer:

Welcome to the best forum on the intranet.

redbird00

Have u been riding for a while, do you know any of the old dallasriders crew??

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

trackfiend

roundhouse-thanks for the welcome and hello

redbird-I haven't had a bike to ride since 05 so I'm getting back into the swing of things so to speak. Didn't know any of the dallasriders, when I used to ride I always headed south to ride the back roads and get away from the traffic. My GSXR is a great bike and I got a hell of a deal on it, but now that I'm older it's not as comfortable as they used to be. LOL

trackfiend

Well I finally got to pick up my FZ6R this past Monday! Everything got delayed when my wife said there were to many toys and one had to go before another could come home. Doesn't make sense I know. Haha.

So I sold my GSXR and went and picked up the FZ. I've only had the opportunity to ride it once for a short ride since the weather has been really cold and I immediately love the bike. The motor is great with the bottom end they have and the riding position is exactly what I wanted.

Anyway the bike is missing the fairings due to the previous owner's mistakes, but I plan on ordering the XJ6N parts to convert it as I love the look of that bike. Hopefully I'll post pics this evening, but I wanted to say I look forward to being a part of your community.