New Member From Florida!

RJRinker

Hello to all!
I recently purchased a 2009 FZ6R and figured I should gain some knowledge on it. So I here I am! I bought the bike mainly so my girl can go on rides with me. But the more I tinker the more Im thinking this may become my daily. Rather than get myself in trouble on my 1000rr.
The bike was a lil rough around the edges when I bought it. Mainly fairings as it was "Dropped in the garage" so I was told by the previous owner. But it runs like a champ and for $1k I figured it was a pretty good deal. I've been told these bikes are pretty bulletproof. It has 15k miles on it and so far I I've done an oil change (amsoil, o yeah) and coolant flush. Removed all the fairings and gonna go naked! I'm debating on what to do about the exhaust as I messaged Marthy about the exhaust mod and never heard back. I have a machine shop so just chopping up the stock wouldn't be a crazy challenge. But don't know what is usually the proper slip on to go with and whether it's a must to have pcv/autotuner and what not. Just wondering if theres anything else in particular that I should check prior to taking the open road for very long.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! In the meantime I'll be powder coating everything that I can get off the bike! :) Make her look fresh and clean!

Thanks in advance!
Rob

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

RJRinker

West Palm Beach area here... I'll be making few DIY kit if you want one let me know. I stop by here once in a while these days... sorry if I didn't get your message.

Your chain look pretty tight on this picture... I have 45-55mm slack on top of my head but double check your manual. (Getting old and forgetting stuff LOL)
It's all good. But Yea it actually was super tight when I purchased it. I dunno what the guy was thinking. But as soon as I got it home I loosened it up. I think it looks tight just cause it's actually hanging from the ceiling and it slid out. The rear nuts aren't even on cause the dude had partially stripped then so I'm waiting on new ones.
About the exhaust though.. is there somewhere I can see what exactly your providing and pricing. Also with it will I need pcv? Can I go with just about any slip on or is there particular cans to use? My buddie has a Yoshi RS5 laying around could I chop that and use it?

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

RJRinker

Miami and west palm , not a bad ride, you should pay marthy a visit, hes a genius lol. The bike looks good, im sure it has its quarks though, 1k is a steal these bikes a great, ilk likely pick another one up later doen the road, its a good reliabld all around bike, wind , rain, shine, hot or cold mine went everywhere, saw everything and never let me down.
Hey I'm always trying to find an excuse to ride!Miami would be a fun one. I'll have to get my girl comfortable on it once its ready to roll. But Yea I definitely scooped this bike on the low. The owner I'm pretty sure had a drug issue and was trying to get money fast. They originally had it listed for 4k. Then a day later for 2.5k which is when I came in and offered 1700. When I went and looked at it I heam hauled around about it being rough and she said she'd take 1200 so I countered with 1000 and she said OK. I bout crapped! lol