New Member from Alaska

AK_FZ

I've been a member for a month or so now, but wanted to wait until I officially signed the papers on the bike and had it in my garage before I introduced myself.

I picked up a 2009 FZ6R in Cadmium Yellow, with 2094 miles on it for just over $5k.

This is my first bike, but not my first "toy" as you can see. I've been on lots of dirtbikes in the past, but am new to the street bike scene. Going to primarily use my bike for commuting roughly 30 miles a day, and to enjoy on the weekends. Already started the mod list with Shogun Frame Sliders and LED flush mounts. The bike came with a FE as the only mod. I'd like to eventually get the Marthy exhaust or fabricate my own, and get a PCV installed. I've also got a set of e46 bixenon projectors, ballasts, and ignitors that I may try to retrofit sometime this summer. The lights don't really get used much up here, more for safety, as we have something like 22 hours of daylight at the peak of summer.

I had some issues with the key in the fuel door, and the underseat lock, and could not get them to work. I ended up breaking the tumblers with a screw driver :facepalm: due to my impatience. I'll be sourcing new locks, hopefully not having to replace the ignition cylinder as well.

We still have snow on the ground up here, but should be all dried up shortly. Looking forward to a long stay on the forums and meeting some of you :cool:

Justin

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

keith217

Welcome & Nice bike!

Dude is that a snow mobile back there? Talk about a wide range of toys. The e46 projectors will look pretty cool too, I hope you can keep the stock angel eyes feature.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

Welcome! If you've been lurking for a month or so you don't need me to tell you there are lots of great people and tonnes of info here. Enjoy your bike!

keith217

I dont know why would need a snowmobile in AK!! Not like get any snow there anyways! LOL JK!! :D

Nah, I would love a snowmobile, but excluding this last winter (OMG NEVER AGAIN PLEASE) I could not justify one in MN over maybe the last 8-10 years.. not enough snow or way too short of season. Though now where I live one could be nice next to a small state park. If I lived in AK, I would have one for sure!
Hahaha, The excuses we need to justify the purchases of our toys. Lets all move to Alaska so we can have it all. I think a boat can be justified too. Always wanted me one with a nice sound system. :cool::thumbup: