New Kawi Street fighter

reiobard

This thing looks pretty badass. I love the headlight/Gauge setup! Maybe some FZ folks could mod it to work with the N version. Not sure how i feel about the signals being built into the front fairings, but that will probably grow on me.

grommit

The ER6f/n are nice bikes if you like the looks, the new one seems more "badass" but it is a bit tame compared to the FZ6, more FZ6R/XJ6 level.

M

Mississippi

That is the 650r frame....I think it looks good. I have always liked where the spring is located.

S

staticghost

Hey buddy...you are right...Look very nice. They headlight and digital gauge are hotness...Good post.

L

LERecords

why does the back end (end of seat and underside) look similar to a buell?? lightning i think.. i know its the entry level buell just cant remember which one..

nice bike though.. wouldnt mind taking it on a test ride to see if it would fit my style of ridding

R

ry_1104

Anyone Found where you can purchase the headlight unit at? I WANT IT

S

SirIsaac

This thing looks pretty badass....
There's only one thing I don't like about this Kawi (and the Versys, as I prefer the faired version): the number of cylinders. An in-line four would do the trick, but a 650 triple would be pretty cool too.

R

ry_1104

Hey everyone I just called Kawasaki about the bike and or any of the parts on it. Nothing will come out until the end of Feb to beginningof March. Sorry for the bad news, but cant wait until it does.:(

reiobard

the rear does look a bit "Soft" with the rounded seat and buell like curves, but the front is hotness. and the inline twin engine is an interesting beast, i have a few people that like their 650R's with the same engine, i just can't help just think Ninja 250 or ex500 when i think of inline twins.

A

antijoy

The gauge cluster looks nice, but digital tach and analog speedo? I think they got it very backwards. I think analog tach with digital speedo is the best / most functional combo. My car and FZ both have this setup.

reiobard

The gauge cluster looks nice, but digital tach and analog speedo? I think they got it very backwards. I think analog tach with digital speedo is the best / most functional combo. My car and FZ both have this setup.

my thoughts too, but the way it was designed i think it would still be fairly visible even in the sun. also if i can only see one of the two i would rather see speed and analog is easier to see than digital.

D

dankatz

Great looking bike and got awesome reviews and sales in the UK. motorcyclenews.com has a nice comparison video to the SV650 and the Ducati 696. It wins against them both. Yeah, it is a 2 cylinder, but they made them smoother for '09 with more engine vibration damping. Also, 2 cylinders means less gas than the FZ which is a good thing since its tank is only 4.1 gallons (still bigger than the 696 which has 3.8)

Wolfman

I like the look of this bike, just wish it had a motor with a bit more "go"

:thumbup:

O

Ozfazer6

I like the look of this bike, just wish it had a motor with a bit more "go"

Wolf,I have ridden an '07 version of this bike (Orange,you would like it ,lol)and it has got a lot of useable power and being a twin it comes on quick too :thumbup:

Wolfman

Wolf,I have ridden an '07 version of this bike (Orange,you would like it ,lol)and it has got a lot of useable power and being a twin it comes on quick too :thumbup:
I am presuming it would have a bit more torque than the FZ6 motor, but i bet i doesnt have that kick at 8000rpm that the fz has, that i just revelled in, when overtaking trucks and cars on my recent trip to Victoria.

O

Ozfazer6

Correct,not a highway machine,but way cool in the twisties and around town .

Wolfman

Correct,not a highway machine,but way cool in the twisties and around town .
Sounds like a great city bike, and back road blaster...was surprised at how well the fz coped with a pillion & gear, it just powered through it...front was a bit flighty though.