New Idea for Kevlar Jeans

So, I'm on the endless quest for more gear, and I am currently looking for around-town Kevlar jeans. Currently I use the AGV Kevlar jeans. They work well, but I'm thinking about another pair of something similar. After searching around for awhile, I came across full Kevlar liners that can be worn under jeans. I'm thinking that these would be a good idea to get so I can use any of my regular jean over them. This would make it cheaper to buy 1 liner that I can wear under any jean, than to buy several designated riding jeans. They also have attachable ce knee and hip armor. Another plus is that most Kevlar jeans only have Kevlar in front of the knee and the seat of the pants. This would offer a larger area of protection. I know Kevlar jeans are not for hard riding. However, for around town, or when you have to meet people and cannot change, they seem to be a good compromise. Thoughts?
Liners:
Draggin Liners
Armor:
Accessories

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Detrich

Drayko kevlar jeans are CE rated, I believe. Next best in line are Sarsto jeans Both companies do extensive drag tests and have more Kevlar surface area coverage in their jeans than all other brands.

They are a bit pricey though... Be prepare to spend around $250 or more. I have the Sartso Midnight Blue and they look really nice. They are thick and get a bit warm on hot days. But if you're riding and working in an AC office it's fine.

www.sartso.com

www.drayko.com

Hope this helps

Thanks everyone for the input. Detrich, thanks, Drayko was a name that I ran across a while ago but couldn't remember it. As for the liners, I think I'm gonna pass and buy another pair or two of these type of jeans. Reason: the jeans I have don't fit well in the riding position.

Here's a cool vid found on youtube:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93R0rPNbyAU]The First CE Approved Motorcycle Jean in the World. C-Evo by Draggin Jeans. - YouTube[/ame]

-ps. I just checked out the sartscos. I like them a lot

Last edited:

Detrich

Yah... I looked back n forth. And although Drayko has sexier female models modeling their jeans, LOL, I thought that in the end the Sartso's were more the unique and more stylish- with equal protection...

One thing with the Sartso's though, the pant leg length (aka inseam) are all 34", so u will need to hem the length slightly, depending how tall you are. But, be very careful. In riding position, the crotch pulls up an extra 1.5 to 2"'s, which is similar to the less expensive brand Kevlar jeans... Therefore, in non-riding position it is perfectly ok for these jeans to look longer than ordinary jeans, would be. Do not hem them too short or hem them the same length as your regular jeans or they will for sure be too short in riding position.

Im 5'6" with a 30" inseam... Initially, I had a local dry cleaning place hem them, cuz this place had good Yelp reviews. Ended up being a big mistake... The stupid ass Korean lady couldn't measure an inseam to save her life, despite all my detailed instructions and giving her a pair of my Shift kevlars as reference and explaining how riding jeans have to be...

The first pass she hemmed them way too long. The second time way too short... I ended up having to redo it myself by hand. But i learned something... It actually wasn't that difficult to sew/ hem it myself once I saw & learned the technique she used to fold the excess pant leg inside/ underneath & lined up to the edge to preserve the oem stitching... So, now my Sartso pant leg hem is still the original one. The excess was just hemmed from the inside to line up to the edge...

My older, less expensive Shift kevlars actually have a default of 32 to 33" inseams, which were perfect and required no hemming... But each jean pulls slightly differently in riding position. So you kinda have to try them on to see how much they pull up...

0150r

I'm going to have to look more into these products...I usually wear kevlar reinforced jeans but want more protection without being too hot and bulky. I have a pair of textile over pants, but they are hot and I have to take them off as soon as I stop so I don't look ridiculous.