New handle bar thread

cavcuz05

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
The only problem will likely be tank clearance at the full lock position. As it is now, we don't have a ton of room.

cavcuz05

i thought about that to...but you wont know until you try...at least the riser option

joloy133

Rizoma makes a 69mm riser for a fatbar (1 1/8"), and LSL superbike fatbars have close to the same bend specs as ours. Can't pull the trigger as its merely cosmetic but my buddies remark how ugly the handlebars look. Thinking all black along with new levers = $400, just for lookin fine????

cavcuz05

i agree completly...like i said when i come across stuff that might be feasable...IE i think stoke changed out his bars with no problem...just looking at these could maybe pull it off with a lower R

Halon

I still can't justify spending anything on this bike for a toy budget, but I really wish it had a lower handlebar. On the freeway at 65-70mph I'm often at least semi tucked in, and the handlebars feel way too high for that to me, and end up being painful in the wrists/hands from having them bent up the whole time. If I ride upright I get so much wind on my shoulders, gusts and such, and can't keep from weaving in my lane a little bit.

I guess it can't be perfect all the time.

cavcuz05

im tempted to try the fz1 riser...worst case ill return it to the dealer (no questions asked return policy)

arcflash316

I changed my bars to ones with less bend to them making them sit lower on the bike. I also shortened them a little (1" per side) to make fitment between cars easier:D Very close to the tank and my bars have bend in them, I think a straight bar will definitely hit...my 2 cents

Halon

Just curious what bars you used and if we could see pics?

cavcuz05

I changed my bars to ones with less bend to them making them sit lower on the bike. I also shortened them a little (1" per side) to make fitment between cars easier:D Very close to the tank and my bars have bend in them, I think a straight bar will definitely hit...my 2 cents
can we see some pics?

bjs045

FZ1 Yamaha Handlebar
lower mounts for the FZ1...Might work too
Yamaha FZ1 Accessories, Yamaha FZ1 Billet Low Handlebar Mounts

When im board at work i look for some crazy stuff that might just fit on our bikes?

Be interested to see if they would work for those anting a more agressive stance
A salesman at my dealership said a previous owner did in fact put the FZ1 handlebars on a FZ6R. Cost like $75 for the bar and no additional parts needed. Basically swap bars out and your good to go. He did say it came close to hitting but cleared.