New FZ6Rer in San Francisco

atawmicpm

Hi riders!

My name is Phillip and I just bought an FZ6R. It occurred to me one day that riding will be really fun. I just got the bug and couldn't shake it! This is my first bike and I'm scheduled to take the MSF next week.

My research online has shown many mixed opinions about whether the FZ6R is a good first bike. My take away is that its a good first bike if you're responsible, safe, and don't mind your fairings possibly getting ****ed up.

Staying safe is my main priority. I've purchased full perforated leather gear with body armor, helmet, gloves, and boots and plan to always wear protection. Per a friend's recommendation I also got a headlight modulator and the taillight blinker... and frame sliders of course. There is a dude named Moto Mike up here in SF who teaches city riding lessons and I'm gonna go learn from him as well after the MSF.

I look forward to the wealth of knowledge I'll gain from all of you more experienced riders on this forum, and welcome any recommendations.

Cheers!

atawmicpm

Update: After looking at some of the mods some of ya'll post about, and researching what a fender eliminator is... ORDERED IMMEDIATELY. lol...

CrazyCawi

Update: After looking at some of the mods some of ya'll post about, and researching what a fender eliminator is... ORDERED IMMEDIATELY. lol...
You ordered DMP right?

oyamyers

Welcome from San Jose. We will have to hook up sometime.

Bay area rider

Welcome from Napa!

You're going to enjoy your FZ6R a lot...
And modding is even more fun!

Ride safe brother...:thumbup:

Dairo

6R Blackout

Welcome aboard from New Orleans!:welcome::iconbeer: