New FZ6R Question

oOo SinSeaR oOo

Hello all!

This is my first official post on this forum so please be gentle. My question is simple:

When ordering a brand new FZ6r, what, if anything, comes in the box with the bike?

While doing research when deciding which bike to purchase, I had read somwhere that there was a second set of fairings that come with. Is that true? It lead me to ask the question What else comes with a brand new bike.

The dealers around me dont seem to have any 6r's on their lot and so I will most likely have one ordered for me. I just want to get everything that I am paying for. Thanks for reading and I appreciate the help.

Fizzer6R

1 set of fairings. - who the heck told you 2 sets? (dont take advice from that person) never heard of that on any bike

sure you want new? there's usually some good used deals around NY, upstate...

welcome to the forum!

Wooster

I don't think anybody here bought their bike in a box. And I wouldn't think anything extra would come with it.

Fizzer6R

I don't think anybody here bought their bike in a box. And I wouldn't think anything extra would come with it.
well technically some might've, dealers usually build/put 1-2 colors on the showroom and the rest are still crated. heck all those 09 left-overs that were still around last year we're all like that

BKP

Welcome to the forum, SinSear... You're making a good choice...

Just one set of whatever you see on the floor... There's a decent FZ6R specific tool bag under the seat, and that's about it, other than what you can negotiate in the deal (and don't overlook negotiation... if you have more than one Yami dealer in your area, they need to compete for your business).

Best of luck... ride safe...

Wooster

well technically some might've, dealers usually build/put 1-2 colors on the showroom and the rest are still crated. heck all those 09 left-overs that were still around last year we're all like that
I wounder how much of it actually comes assembled from the factory and how much there is to put together at the dealership.

Fizzer6R

not much at all, they're basically complete, just add fluids and go over everything. depending on the make/model, of course they try to fit small as possible. some might not have the windscreen on if it's tall, tourer/cruiser, and dirtbikes front wheel

oOo SinSeaR oOo

Thanks for all your help guys. I dont remember where I read it, but the person was talking about a new 6r and that it came right out the box w 2 sets of fairings. I believe he was asking on how hard it would be to change them. Might have even been on this forum before I signed up, but I couldnt say for sure.

BTW, How much should I be paying for a 2012 Raven? I know MSRP is like $7600. I'm looking at purchasing in about a month or so.

BKP: What should I be negotiating for?

Fizzer: I know there are better deals out there, but most require cash in hand. Like I said, dealer 2012s are scarce, and I have to finance because I dont have the capital to buy outright. Besides, I like to know that if anything goes wrong, I am the only one thats been on it...... Plus its all new and shiny!...Lol

Last edited:

WKD

Well actually some of us did by new and mine was sitting in a crate on a shelf at the dealers. As to what came in that crate I can't say for sure because I wasn't there when they unboxed it but I agree that it is unlikely a free set of fairings comes with every new bike, now a coffee maker maybe :D.

The reason I bought new is that Yamaha dropped their price this year by $900 and most of the used ones out there were only 100 or so under what I paid...I thought that was a pretty good deal...

Wooster

Thanks for all your help guys. I dont remember where I read it, but the person was talking about a new 6r and that it came right out the box w 2 sets of fairings. I believe he was asking on how hard it would be to change them. Might have even been on this forum before I signed up, but I couldnt say for sure.

BTW, How much should I be paying for a 2012 Raven? I know MSRP is like $7600. I'm looking at purchasing in about a month or so.

BKP: What should I be negotiating for?

Fizzer: I know there are better deals out there, but most require cash in hand. Like I said, dealer 2012s are scarce, and I have to finance because I dont have the capital to buy outright. Besides, I like to know that if anything goes wrong, I am the only one thats been on it...... Plus its all new and shiny!...Lol
Yeah that just doesn't make sense that there would be extra fairings. I bought my 2011 new and I paid a little over 8K and that was with taxes and plates....ect. I got financing through Yamaha at 3.99% for 3 years. My payment is like $223 a month I think. Not sure if they are still offering that rate or not. Obviously it depends on your credit rating too.

moreno12

Hello all!

This is my first official post on this forum so please be gentle. My question is simple:

When ordering a brand new FZ6r, what, if anything, comes in the box with the bike?

While doing research when deciding which bike to purchase, I had read somwhere that there was a second set of fairings that come with. Is that true? It lead me to ask the question What else comes with a brand new bike.

The dealers around me dont seem to have any 6r's on their lot and so I will most likely have one ordered for me. I just want to get everything that I am paying for. Thanks for reading and I appreciate the help.
where you from or city

Fizzer6R

no no, you're close to OCC, gotta get one of them ther choppers

Hellgate

I got three sets of fairing for my R6, granted I had to buy two of them after I got the bike. :rolleyes:

CDN6R

Good Day SinSear and may I be the first Canadian :canada: to welcome you to our club. On the top of this page (FZ6R General Discussion) there is a "sticky" which is titled "How much was you FZ6R". Alot of people,,including myself have posted their purchase price and deals of this bike. Perhaps you could scan through some of the later postings and find prices people paid OTD (Out The Door) of 2011 and 2012 FZ6R models. This may give you some idea of what you could purchase your bike for. Hope this helps. Laurie