New FZ6R in WA

mattjb

Hello!

I picked up a new FZ6R on May 31st and just stumbled upon this site, so I thought I'd introduce myself and share a few pictures.

Prior to the FZ6R I had a 2006 Ninja EX250. I loved that bike, but wanted something that could handle freeway and two-up trips more comfortably. I settled on the FZ6R because of the low(er) seat height and less agressive performance. I'm short, but can nearly flat-foot this bike, which is comforting. Coming from the little 250, this bike feels great! The riding position is very similar, performance is good, but not "ohmygod i'm going to die" scary.

So if you're in the Issaquah/Maple Valley area and see a blue FZ6R, that may be me :)

Here are a few shots from one of my break in rides. These were taken with a GoPro Motorsports Hero Wide camera mounted on the tank. Great camera, and inexpensive.

Thanks!

-mb

J

jtarkany

:welcome: Enjoy and Ride Safe.

Settled for? You mean proudly selected right :D

As you become more comfortable with the performance, you can make a few aftermarket mods that will give you the 'Oh my God' performance while keeping the comfort. You will find tons of suggetsions on this site.

- Aftermarket exhaust
- K&N Air Filter
- Power Commander
- R6 Front Shocks
- Ohlins Springs
- etc, etc...

fz6rwolf

:welcome: aboard. You're going to enjoy it, alot!!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, welcome! You are going to really enjoy this bike. Ask questions when they come up, our little cult....I mean forum...has lots of knowledgeable people.

Always remember that the ride is more fun when the rubber side stays down! :thumbup:

BTW, do you have a link for the camera and mount? I think the picture quality is awesome!

mattjb

jtarkany said:
Settled for? You mean proudly selected right
Damn right proudly selected! I actually had a few friends pushing me towards the YZF600R, which is a fine bike, but I like the FZ6R more.

BTW, do you have a link for the camera and mount? I think the picture quality is awesome!
Yup, check it out.

GoPro - Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports

Picture quality is great and it does video too. Here's a test clip I took with the Ninja. Hopefully, the link works :)

http://www.facebook.com/v/1150576919837

F

forwil

If you make over to Eastern WA lets ride. Welcome this site rocks.

V

VEGASRIDER

Welcome. Looks like you already discovered a nice toy. The Go Pro Hero Wide Angle camera. It's very popular on this forum. We had one member get one, showed it off on the forum, and it has literally become a chain reaction as members, one after another kept buying them. LOL..

cbzdel

Hey hey hey I am in Tacoma! We need to set up a ride sometime :thumbup:

S

scottsst

welcome to the site . I live out in North Bend so any time you want to break out for a ride shot me a PM and we can set something up

phocoyote7

:welcome: fellow FZ6R

Seems like so many of you on the West, closest I've see is Forwil in Prosser. Had to look up on map, still a little ride away. Anyone close to Spokane? :confused:

J

jmerch44

I'm in the Tacoma area if you ever wanna ride. I only have mon. and Tues. off though. let me know, i'm always down to ride.

MNDZA

Welcome. Awesome camera view!

phocoyote7

I plan on getting out that way a couple times this summer .
If you do, shoot me an email through the forum here and we can try to plan a ride. My buddy has talked about riding around Lake Coeur D' Alene, haven't been on many rides yet. Seems like something going on every weekend.

fz6rwolf

If you do, shoot me an email through the forum here and we can try to plan a ride. My buddy has talked about riding around Lake Coeur D' Alene, haven't been on many rides yet. Seems like something going on every weekend.
What do you think of the raised bubble shield over the stock?

phocoyote7

What do you think of the raised bubble shield over the stock?
Didn't have the stock on for long so can't say for wind difference. As far as looks, 100% better. I like the black that fade's to clear and the clean edges compared to the rounded edges on stock. Also stock seemed like it had a ugly purple tint to it. Was considering the tinted, but was $30 bucks more.

S

scottsst

yeah will do I think I will be going over on the last weekend of july . so I will let you know whats up

oyamyers

I got my Fz6r about a month ago. I live in Bellevue. It looks like we have a few FZ6R riders in the Puget Sound, well not "in" the Puget Sound, but in the area.