New car in our future

6R Blackout

My GF has a 2012 Focus fully loaded, 2.0 litre it gets good gas mileage I really like her car. Ford has come a long way when it comes to cars and the focus is no slouch. IMHO it is up there with the civic and Toyota. One thing I really love about the focus is the car can really make a very tight turn literally almost on a dime actually a quarter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

BoneJj

I did some quick research...It seems that this "speaker" seems to be on the 2011+ years. Some previous years used a resonator pipe to enhance natural engine sound. The "speaker" is what vw calls a Soundaktor. It is similar to a speaker but instead of vibrating air to produce sound, it seems to be a bit more robust and vibrates the metal frame to simulate engine noises. Indeed it is pretty lame. Good news is it is easily disconnected. Seems other car companies are doing similar things. BMW m5, Ford mustang, Porsche 911

Original article.
Faking It: Engine-Sound Enhancement Explained - Tech Dept. - Car and Driver

Various youtube videos:
gti Soundaktor - YouTube
That's just disturbing....

Its funny cause we are both ~mid 20 guys and have small // eco cars.

We had new neighbors move in last winter and they were so puzzled by our car choices. Once spring came around and our bikes were rolled out of THR garage (he drives a 600f4i) they understood.

I don't really like his smart, it's a lil small for me but he does get a good amount of miles out of a tank. Prius is getting an average of 55mpg.
LOL, I guess you have a point there but for me. I can't do with a slow car, I drive a WRX as my daily and that may be going up to an STi in a couple years as well or I might just move to a new mustang or bmw. I just take issue with cars that can't move out of their own way like I feel they should. It seems to be okay for a lot of other people to have those cars and that's fine but they just aren't for me. I like my cars and vehicles to have punch to them. Though my car does have a boost leak right now, i'm still under warranty so I'm going to make them do the work on fixing it, lol.

Good thing I didn't install the exhaust that I have sitting in the garage waiting to go on it along with the intake and all. I'm still waiting on a COBB programmer before I install any of those parts.

yfz6r

Not at all my friend.. I have had it 10 years and spend lots of money on repairs. Infact some parts I could only get from Toyota because no one else makes them,,,and I do not mean off the wall parts. Rear steel backing plates for my car (V6..4 wheel disk brakes) only Toyota made them,,over $425.00 EACH. My God all they are is stamped steel pieces with 2 pins to hold the emergency brake shoes. The list goes on and on.
Ahh I misunderstood. I read 93 camry... 230k Km... works like a top. Sounded good to me!

Test drive any car that catches your eye and get the one that suits you best. Dealers want you to buy so make them work for you and let you drive and poke around.

FZ6Rob85

CDN, it's a bit bigger than the cars you mentioned, but I love my 2010 Ford Fusion. Picked it up certified used with 25,000 miles for $17,000. It's the 2.5L 4-cylinder, 175 hp, fully loaded, gets 28 city, 33+ highway. It's very comfortable and can get up and move when it needs to. It's no speed demon but it does pretty well for your standard econo-box.

CDN6R

CDN, it's a bit bigger than the cars you mentioned, but I love my 2010 Ford Fusion. Picked it up certified used with 25,000 miles for $17,000. It's the 2.5L 4-cylinder, 175 hp, fully loaded, gets 28 city, 33+ highway. It's very comfortable and can get up and move when it needs to. It's no speed demon but it does pretty well for your standard econo-box.
Thanks for the tip. I do find though that by the time you pay higher interest on a used car..the payment is the same as a new car at 0% financing.

FZ6Rob85

I got a decent deal though...2.9% fixed rate, no early repayment fee.

ajskillz13

+1 for Kia and Hyundai... they are really making a great push.

I just got an Optima a month ago and am really liking it so far. The Optima really is a great buy for the price, but it sounds like you're looking a bit smaller.

My buddy just bought an Elantra for commuting and really likes it. I have driven the Mazda CX-5 with the new Skyactive engine and if you are not worried about horsepower, it or the Mazda 3 are both very fun little vehicles to drive. Mazda definitely does it right with handling / ride characteristics. That is the only thing really lacking with my Kia.

StarZero81

Elite Member
Last edited:

Crocop43

my eyes are on the fusion drives like butter. i rented one and fell in love

CDN6R

Those 2013 Fusion's are really something. But you can bet that they will not be at 0% they will probably be somewhere around 5% or 6% (at least here in Canada). The 2013 Mustang here through Ford right now is over 5% for 60 months.

ajskillz13

We baught this baby last month before going to Colorado and it drives like a champ. 2013 Audi A4. :D
Nice! My wife has a 2012 Q5... I've heard the Nav upgrades in the 13 are pretty awesome... Google Earth controlled.

Brock Kickass

Have you considered a Mitsubishi Lancer? I bought a 2009 hatchback new, and we're really happy with it. We were originally attracted to the car by the excellent warranty and good finance terms (0 down, 2.9%) as well as the fact that Mitsubushi manufactures in Japan.
It was less than 25k new, and came with heated seats, power windows and doors, power heated mirrors, 18" wheels, leather steering wheel, cruise, A/C, and a bunch of other stuff than aren't necessarily options but work nice. Example: The intermittent wipers are on a rheostat instead of just having 2 speeds and then constant on the intermittent function has several positions. They are also speed sensitive, so they speed up as your speed increases. Pretty well thought out for an inexpensive car.
We ahve over 50 000km on ours and are satisfied. We have not had any problems whatsoever, and find it to be comfortable, spacious, and fun to drive.

blkbrd

Elite Member