new CA lane splitting study released

ch33zecake

Lane splitting has saved me tremendous hours during rush hour traffic. I used to be terrified of the idea of lane splitting. After a couple of times doing it, I realized that it's not so bad if you take your time. I always see guys on supersports splitting at 60+ mph which I think is way too aggressive. Some cars will actually move to the side for you and some will purposely make it hard for you to squeeze by. Sometimes I'll rev my engine a little to let people know I'm coming through. But seriously though, if you take your time and go at a decent speed, then I think lane splitting is just fine. At least you have control over your fate with lane splitting as opposed to on a hot day during rush hour traffic while a lady texting on her cell phone isn't paying attention to what's in front of her until... SMACK!! Lane splitting ftw.

latony007

Lane splitting has saved me tremendous hours during rush hour traffic. I used to be terrified of the idea of lane splitting. After a couple of times doing it, I realized that it's not so bad if you take your time. I always see guys on supersports splitting at 60+ mph which I think is way too aggressive. Some cars will actually move to the side for you and some will purposely make it hard for you to squeeze by. Sometimes I'll rev my engine a little to let people know I'm coming through. But seriously though, if you take your time and go at a decent speed, then I think lane splitting is just fine. At least you have control over your fate with lane splitting as opposed to on a hot day during rush hour traffic while a lady texting on her cell phone isn't paying attention to what's in front of her until... SMACK!! Lane splitting ftw.
Why do some people try and make it harder for you to get through, that has always baffled me. i understand there are way too many people in the word that are just mean and selfish but you would think they would worry about getting a scratch on their crappy new prius or 50 year old lady in a Yukon. I think whats even more irritating is the people that drive on the line and are just oblivious to the fact and even after a bike manages to squeeze through they dont move.