new bike recommendation

godwearsblack

I wrecked my bike last week and i am in the process of healing and getting better but would like to start thinking about what ride to get next. Just wondering what you guys would suggest in getting next, coming from a fz6r, i would still like being on a sport or an ss too. Nothing in cruiser form lol thanks in advance guys

godwearsblack

Main reason i atarted this thread is vecause we have so many members with so much riding experience that id like to get some opinions about bikes, that and i wrecked mine a week ago and wanna do some research about my future bike lol but.would like some personal opinions about what you guys would suggest and why, thanks in advance

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Well, I went from FZ6R to L1 GSXR-600, then to an L3 GSXR-750, both these bikes are very comfortable for both upright-ability, and non-cramped legs.

Quick summary:

GSXR-600: a bit more snatchy at the bottom than the 750, sounds better at idle, less vibration, can really wind it out (it howls real nice at the top), and insurance is lower

GSXR-750: vibration (had to get weighted bar ends), actually less demanding to ride than 600, pick a gear and point and squirt through tight twisties, albeit less winding it up (so may seem less racey). Reaches higher speeds with less effort, less snatchy, e.g. 3rd and 4th gears are more friendly (I mainly stay in those gears).

Gas mileage - very similar
Tire wear - about the same
Insurance - 50% higher for the 750 (which is BS!)

I find the 750 is no more prone to getting away from you or slipping the rear than the 600, I wanted to go liter but insurance was too high, now that I have the 750 I really don't think the liter would be all that great. Going from 600 to 750 you lose a little bit of winding out the bike, going to liter you would lose even more, so yeah 750 is a really good choice and easy bike to ride with a great history of reliability.

Last edited:

knightmare

GSXR's are me too bikes.... Cuz everyone is like you got a GSXR ME TOO... I'll stay with yamaha.... I think they are better bikes.... An r6 will be good if ur thinking of something faster... But it all depends on how u feel on the bike... Try to get on a test ride when they do events.... It will give u a better idea on what feels right....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anticsd

Personally, I love the European naked bikes. For supersports 675r would be my top choice but zx6r close 2nd.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

godwearsblack

Thanks for the various imputs of information, personally ive been looking at the gixxers but would like to sit on 5 different bikes gixxer 600 &750, zx6r cbr 600rr and r6
Ive sat on the r6 and it feels like i tippytoe on it too much to have a comphy ride. Lol,

latony007

Thanks for the various imputs of information, personally ive been looking at the gixxers but would like to sit on 5 different bikes gixxer 600 &750, zx6r cbr 600rr and r6
Ive sat on the r6 and it feels like i tippytoe on it too much to have a comphy ride. Lol,
if you dont want another FZ6R and want to go up the natural progression if you liked the ergos of the FZ6R would be the R1. I love my nephews street triple its fast as hell but i like fairings and that bike is about the ugliest i have seen from the front. I hear the Daytona 675 is also nice and has fairings but i believe thats a lay on the tank type.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

Maybe he meant an FZ1?
LMAO yes i did, too many Rs, Zs, and Fs around here, i wish they would just fricken name each bike like cars, would make it easier.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

nothing against any FZ8 owners, it's still a decent bike but now only way I'd get one is if I got a smoking deal, basically stealing it

hmm if you have to tippytoe on a R6, aren't they about pretty much standard seat height?

this may help you narrow down
Motorcycle Ergonomics

I would buy used, if new, the FZ-09 is hard to beat!

we're lucky to have a dealer that sells all 4 major brands, so it's easy to compare at the same time