New Action Cam

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

24KMACH

How do you like it? I have been contemplating getting a camera (not so much for making youtube videos or anything, but more for safety). I've seen many crash vids with video proof of car cutting someone off and such and police arguing with bikers. I like the wrist remote. You actually view the video via the wrist remote? Found it on Amazon for $319. I'm pretty much out of big mods so maybe this will be my next purchase. Any videos posted to check them out?
I love it. I also have the Hero cam. The Wasp Gideon is a 16 MP and 1080P60 video. Easy to use and with all the controls on your wrist it rocks. They have mounts of all sizes and shapes. $299.99 is the best price I have seen on the net. Jegs. handles them also. Watch some of the U-tube vids on the Wasp.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cbDBFrCcUo]WASPcam action-sports camera: How to ... Pair Wrist Remote and GIDEON camera - YouTube[/ame]

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

24KMACH

What mounts are you using? That's the only thing I am not sure about. I really don't want it on my helmet, but can't really tank mount, because my screen is dark smoke.
They have a chest mount but I bought the suction mount and use it on my wind screen. They also make an adapter for Go Pro mounts. Their latest mounts are machined aluminum and sized to fit your handle bar diameter.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

24KMACH

I was thinking about that and would probably mount to the front of my wind screen. I have clip-ons so no room to mount on the bars. Is yours mounted to the inside or outside of the wind screen?
Out side. My wind screen is smoked also. I have a small wire attached to the camera and the bike incase the mount fails. :D

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

knightmare

That can is bad ***..... That watch is cool... I won't one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y

yellowfz

I all honesty with all fluff aside (watch), which has better video GP or the Wasp? Did some Goolging but haven't seen any Gideon versus GP yet.
Do you have a GoPro you can shoot a side by side video comparison with?
Already have monies set aside for a camera just now you threw a kink in the works with this camera, not a bad thing. :D

24KMACH

I all honesty with all fluff aside (watch), which has better video GP or the Wasp? Did some Goolging but haven't seen any Gideon versus GP yet.
Do you have a GoPro you can shoot a side by side video comparison with?
Already have monies set aside for a camera just now you threw a kink in the works with this camera, not a bad thing. :D
The Black GO Pro is only 12 MP. The Wasp is 16 MP and better video. :D For $100 less and you get the watch that is super cool as you can change the colors for the read out. :cool: