New 2012 FZ6R from Fort Walton Beach, FL!

kromp

Just picked her up a few days back! Here's a couple of photos, complete with helmet hair:

imgur: the simple image sharer
imgur: the simple image sharer

Really liking the ride so far; I'd previously only ridden supersports and this one is a TON more comfortable and a much more realistic power band, while still having plenty of power to blast off if necessary. Happy with my purchase and thinking about taking some longer trips!

Here's a few minor questions:

1) Other than setting the tire pressure, adjusting the suspension to fit my weight, and of course the 600 mile oil change, are there any other maintenance sorts of things I should do?
2) Should I keep the rpm's beneath some particular level for the first 600 miles?
3) In terms of getting the warning labels and possibly the "FZ6R" decals off, my plan is just to use a blow dryer and a little bit of soapy water. Should I plan on anything else? For those of you with white FZ6R's, do you prefer the look with or without the decals??
4) Any thoughts on what oil to use? I'm probably just going to grab whatever cheap motorcycle oil they have at the Honda/Yamaha dealership.

That's it for now!

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

DakinechicK

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :cheer:

Welcome to the best forum on the intranet where the search feature is key and members are sometimes helpful! :D

Congrats on the new ride. Stay safe out there.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

kromp

I actually spent a good chunk of time today reading over the owner's manual, and indeed it answers most of my questions in as much detail as I could hope for!

I'm still undecided on the decals, and I could definitely go either way. It really is a nice-looking bike, especially for the price and how easy it seems to be to work on.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Crpngdth

congrats on the bike man. she is a fun one to roll around :cool:

little heat, plastic razor blade, a fingernail, and a rag with goo gone take all the stickers off for ya. remember to wax and polish her when done.