Never say "CAN'T!" It just takes practice...

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
and oh boy..... do I need a lot more to get on this course!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCGaQMgkzw8]Japan Police moto test - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: Rob

CrazyCawi

this guys got some mad skillz

abyss1406

mother of god.........

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Grumpy

Laziness, short attention span, ADHD, ADD.
Don't forget, we have very bad training, and testing standards. I learned to drive in Europe (1980s) it cost a lot of money and took 3 years.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

That looks like a dream job,

firstly being taught and encouraged to ride like that:wav:

and then being allowed to ride like that out on the streets!:wav:

06330i

Not gonna lie thats pretty good, but I'm sure the large pancake sprocket helps as well as the inverted bar.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

I just wonder... why is America so far behind in our vehicle training... I realize these are police and out police gets similar training... but I've seen some of the other countries doing this stuff... it's just amazing to us because we don't see it every day

people seem to be more interested in how the vehicle looks instead of how well they can drive/ride....

when I get our cc debt back under control... ... I def want to take more classes... I have no interest in racing... but want to always be the best rider I can

bike classes, shooting classes, survival classes... all on my short list of training I want....
I can certainly respect your desire to do the classes you list there. As a child I did survival training while I was in the Rangers, I made good use of those skills while I was in the military and they still come in handy when I go camping now, though I don't get to much lately due to school. When that's done though I plan to just disappear for a few weeks into the woods though.

I got a lot of gun training as well while active duty and that is an invaluable set of tools right there but you need constant practice IMO.

As for riding and driving skills, I completely agree. Our requirements to get a license are about as laxed as they can get in my opinion. We really should do more to prepare all drivers in how to be on the road and commute responsibly and defensively. Too many people out there just don't understand how a car works and they take it for granted to a point of obscenity... The same goes for bikes.

I'm a little surprised that more places don't offer any kind of advanced driver training for cars. If they did something like that I would be far more inclined to take a vacation and do that instead of wasting my money on a hotel out of town and working my legs seeing the sights when I could be learning how to control a car better right in my local area.

Don't mind my long windedness tonight, I'm on about 3 hours sleep in the last couple days. I'm about to crash in a few until 9am though.... so I'm shooting for a good 8-9 hours sleep...