Neutral switch

jt_hendrix

someone tried to steal my bike and cut the wires. I got the wires back together but now the beautiful light won't come on even in neutral and won't start. So I'm pretty sure it's the neutral switch. The local sportsbike repair guy said I could just ground the plug for the starter and it would work. But I tried that and it didn't. What else could I do or could be the problem?

Rumpig

The bike should still start if it is in gear ( or thinks it is in gear cause the neutral switch is cactus ) as long as the clutch is in and the stand is up, so check those to.

someone tried to steal my bike and cut the wires. I got the wires back together but now the beautiful light won't come on even in neutral and won't start. So I'm pretty sure it's the neutral switch. The local sportsbike repair guy said I could just ground the plug for the starter and it would work. But I tried that and it didn't. What else could I do or could be the problem?
Remove the right side black plastic panel under the seat. On the block should be a metal prong. That is the neutral indicator switch. Make sure it is plugged in since its easy to knock off. Been there :p

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member