Need to Quiet the Bike a Tad

TN6R

Hello fellow riders, I have the Marthy exhaust on my bike, which is awesome, and I effing love it. I do have a db killer already installed but I'd like to get it a tad bit quieter. Is that possible? And if so, how do I do it?

It's just at the point where I need to wear ear plugs or I'll go deaf eventually lol. I'd like to ride without ear plugs though.

It's not really a big deal but if possible, please let me know what you got.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Chris12

I did a 100 mile round trip yesterday with my buddy and my ears were ringing when I got home. I'm just going to start wearing earplugs.

I have a TBR exhaust with the baffle tip removed, so my bike should be similar in sound volume to your viper.

BTW - I did notice a substantial sound volume increase after I installed my PC5, but I'm happy with it.

Rumpig

Get a 50mm washer drill the hole out to around 18mm and take your slip on off, put the washer in and put the slip on back on. It should be pinned in as the reducer is 50mm. Chokes it off a bit but reduces noise.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Billsbet0

Small area for exhaust on these bikes

The under the bike muffler location makes it very difficult to find a middle road for too loud or too quiet. Just can not fit a larger muffler under the bike. Seems you stay stock and too quiet or very loud aftermarket with stubby muffler. After having problems with ringing ears I had a custom system made so a longer muffler could be fit on the bike. Pics attached.
Bill

Attachments

Chris12

The under the bike muffler location makes it very difficult to find a middle road for too loud or too quiet. Just can not fit a larger muffler under the bike. Seems you stay stock and too quiet or very loud aftermarket with stubby muffler. After having problems with ringing ears I had a custom system made so a longer muffler could be fit on the bike. Pics attached.
Bill
I like your setup. Do you have any heat issues with the new muffler location?

Billsbet0

None. I have not had anybody on back to confirm but it was built to not cook anyone on back.

Not wanting to hijack post but was thinking about selling it.
Bill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Billsbet0

This is the shop that made the exhaust for me:

Mark's Performance Products

Mark is a good, stand up guy. shop is his garage. He's a busy guy and you would need to drop your bike off for the pipes to be fitted and custom muffler made. He is in the high desert area of Hesperia, CA.

Bill