Need suggestions for mirrors with good visibility

fz6rowner

On recently bought used 2013 fz6r, the custom mirrors make it impractical to see the vehicle behind me, even when I squeeze and turn my elbows inwards . The stem length of the custom mirrors seems too short; see attached picture. I am looking for mirror suggestions that have a stem length at least that of stock mirrors. By the way, what is the stem length on stock mirrors? Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Fraze

Honestly, the stock mirrors provide excellent visibility ... they just look (to me) incredibly awkward and take away from the look of the bike. Maybe other members here have recommendations for different aftermarket ones that are longer...That said, I have my original OEM set if you want them :D I'd sell them for 10 bucks plus shipping.

PM me if interested.

fz6rowner

I too do not like the appearance of the stock mirrors, but am looking for something good looking with equal functionality of the long stem mirrors.

Last edited:

davet7469

I went through the same thing with mine. I ordered some aftermarket mirrors and i couldn't see nothing, but myself. I didn't feel like sending them back. Black LED Intergrated Turn Signals Mirrors for Kawasaki Ninja 250 636 zx6r ZX10R | eBay

Sooo i ordered zx6r mirrors, but they wouldn't fit. Black Mirrors Left Right for 2009 2012 Kawasaki zx6r ZX600R ZX636 | eBay

Then i had the idea to put them together. I took the end of the one that fit the fz6r and attached it to the stem of the zx6r mirrors and it worked out. Not the best visibility, but they are functional now. They extend just enough for me to see.
btw the photos are of all different times, but the blue color is most current. Just didn't have pics of all angles. Also the end that fits the fz6r looks kinda cheap compared to the OEM.

Attachments

Last edited: