Need Steps or Links to install Rear LED Turn Signals

GoodSpeed

I recently purchased a DMP Fender Eliminator for my 2012 FZ6R as well as some Bolt-FX Tag Bolt Lights. To complete the package I ordered some BikeMaster Narrow Arrow II LED Turn Signals. I've done some searching & researching and feel comfortable enough to put it all together except I'm not crystal clear with wiring up the LED Turn Signals and Tag Bolt Lights. I don't want to be twisting wires together (in the wrong order) and using electrical tape if there is a better, cleaner way to go about that. I'm also not that good at hide and seek, so if there are links in this Forum or YouTube that would enlighten me with some step by step instructions (with Pics), by all means point me in the right direction.

Bert-Aus

All indicators should be bullet connections, which is pretty simple "plug'n'play" type install.

If the indicators you bought come without or a different size connection, I would recommend you take a trip to your local hardware store and get yourself some correct size bullets and a soldering iron.

Enjoi

latony007

turns signals back there were easy, all the wires are exposed. Now if you want into the brake light those wires are under the seat and kind of a pain to work.

GoodSpeed

I removed the seats, grab bar and right side panel and then disconnected the signals and tag light before I dropped the original fender. My new turn signals have bullet connections and will obviously not work with the stock triangular type of connectors. I wish that it was a simple plug and play deal but it's not. Looks like I'll have to cut the connectors off the original turn signals, cut off the bullet ends off my new turn signals and then soder them to the original connector. Hope that works.

Last edited:

etrnalone

u will have to cut the factory plug off. but please use the bullet connectors but get the weather proof ones. they have little rubber covers on them. that way if for any reason in the future you can just pull the connectors apart to replace lights or for any reason with out having to cut yet more wire and splice. eventually you will run out of enough wire if you keep doing it. and if for some reason you hook them up wrong you can just unplug them and replug them correctly.
Motorcycle Bullet Connectors

just for refrence here is a link to some. but these can be picked up anywere. autozone, advanced napa walmart.

GoodSpeed

u will have to cut the factory plug off. but please use the bullet connectors but get the weather proof ones. they have little rubber covers on them. that way if for any reason in the future you can just pull the connectors apart to replace lights or for any reason with out having to cut yet more wire and splice. eventually you will run out of enough wire if you keep doing it. and if for some reason you hook them up wrong you can just unplug them and replug them correctly.
Motorcycle Bullet Connectors

just for refrence here is a link to some. but these can be picked up anywere. autozone, advanced napa walmart.
Thanks for the Tip. Unfortunately I read your post after the fact. I used butt connectors (18-22 guage) with the built in heat shrink to connect my new turn signals and bolt tag lights to the stock cables/connectors I clipped off my stock signals and tag light. The bullet connectors you suggested would have made it more convenient when I have to replace them but I did liked the butt connectors I used because #1, I suck at soldering, #2 the butt connectors with the built in heat shrink made the connections more water resistant and #3 I have plenty of slack from the stock turn signal and tag light cables I clipped, in case I need to replace those components down the line. I also applied another layer of heat shrink tape over the butt connectors to seal the deal. Below is the end result.

Attachments

Last edited: