Need some A/V advice

Brock Kickass

Copied and pasted from my thread on the FZ1 forum because I'm a lazy, lazy man:

Wife and I just bought our first house, and I'm working hard on getting an entertainment setup. So far, I have a smart TV, MacBook, iPad, iPhones for each of us, AirPort, PS3, and surround system. I have iPad apps to run the TV and DVR, but not the stereo. I'm looking at upgrading the home theatre receiver to something that can be run by an app so that I can bury all of my remotes and use iPad/iPhones as a universal. The hang up I have is with AirPlay. Do I buy a receiver that supports it, or buy Apple TV and run it in to the HDMI input in the receiver? I ultimately plan on loading all audio and video media I own to my MacBook and using iTunes exclusively instead of putting discs in things. Knowing that, I want to be able to use my iPad or iPhone to call up any media I own and play it seamlessly through my stereo or TV. Anyone running a similar setup? Any input is welcome

danieljardim

Copied and pasted from my thread on the FZ1 forum because I'm a lazy, lazy man:

Wife and I just bought our first house, and I'm working hard on getting an entertainment setup. So far, I have a smart TV, MacBook, iPad, iPhones for each of us, AirPort, PS3, and surround system. I have iPad apps to run the TV and DVR, but not the stereo. I'm looking at upgrading the home theatre receiver to something that can be run by an app so that I can bury all of my remotes and use iPad/iPhones as a universal. The hang up I have is with AirPlay. Do I buy a receiver that supports it, or buy Apple TV and run it in to the HDMI input in the receiver? I ultimately plan on loading all audio and video media I own to my MacBook and using iTunes exclusively instead of putting discs in things. Knowing that, I want to be able to use my iPad or iPhone to call up any media I own and play it seamlessly through my stereo or TV. Anyone running a similar setup? Any input is welcome
I have a bose system hooked up to my tv and I use the apple tv to run all my media. If you don't mind having your TV turned on showing pictures (apple TV scream saver) apple TV is cheap and the way to go.

Or you can buy an apple express and hooked up your home theater into it and use air play.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

danieljardim

That's what I do. I have the MAC hook to the tv and stream music, TV show and movie with ITune. I have the little Apple remote and use the Aplle app (can't remember the name, red chair...lol) You can do everything with it. The lap to can even stay close!

For the little bit of TV I watch... work great for me. I don't have cable so even if I dump $20.00 a month renting movie on Itune it's still a very good deal.

Talking about movie... I watch Here comes the boom over the weekend. Laugh my a$$ off!!!
Use VUZE to download movies for free to your itunes and you will save yourself 20 bucks a month.