Need help wiring toggle switch for power Commander v

efforex

I am just making this uber confusing for myself. I am trying to wire a toggle switch to my bike so i can switch between two of marthys maps. I have a three pronged toggle switch wire and the ability to do it. I am just confused on where the two map wires go and how to wire them to this switch.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
S

SkyOrDie

I ended up using a 3-position switch with 3 solder points that I had lying around. Maybe this is what you have. Just solder the center point to one of the others and run 2 wires to the PCV. This will make the center position equivalent to one direction of throw, but so what. The 2 wires plug into the 2 inputs closest to the expansion ports on the PCV.

cloudfire

Ok, so the manual is here On the second page, you'll see a diagram of the pcv. You'll notice the line of holes on the right side. The two left most holes are where the TWO wires from your switch will go, one from one side of your switch and the other for the second position on your switch. Take note of the third hole from the right, labeled "Speed." If you are going to use one of Marthy's Adv Gear maps, you'll need to wire this to your speed sensor (See page 4 of the manual linked above). I have yet to do the speed wire but plan to do that this winter.

Oh, and one more thing. These holes have a rubber covering that you'll have to puncture to insert the wire. This keeps them less susceptible to moisture but make is it a ROYAL PITA to try to insert your wires. My suggestion: solder the wire into a tight point before inserting otherwise you'll end up being so frustrated with the fraying ends you might be tempted to throw the whole PCV through the nearest window.

Last edited: