Need help w new foot pegs

UncleHilty

So i bought these pegs on ebay and they fit fine but i dont think you can use the stock spring? Anybody have these and how did you secure so they dont flop around? Oh and i did the search and found little on pegs, wassup w that.
thanks!

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

GranTourer

Those pegs look sharp. I'm still a motorcycle newb, are aftermarket pegs more a style or function mod?

I have the sudden urge to swap the stock pegs. Think I'm going to call in tomorrow with Moditis.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

UncleHilty

CHICKEN! you know you want them. I think they fit the rear also but we better figure out the spring thing or the back ones will be useless!

They come in every color of the rainbow so buy now and let me know cause as the song goes "i need to know":rockon:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

UncleHilty

Will try to post some pics tomorrow for you. I think the circumfrence of the stock spring is too big for the cut out. I will give it another go and let you know.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

UncleHilty

]Oh Boy here we go. Foot pegs are installed, the stock spring is not the issue. My lack of tolerance to alchohol is the reason. Sheesh one glass of wine and i loose all motor skills. My Irish ancestors would be ashamed.

Actuall a very easy intall. Needle nose pliers, skinny flat head screw driver and a small hammer, done in 10 min.

I think i will start a thread on biggest repair/mod blunders. Check em out....
pegs1.jpg

pegs2.jpg

UncleHilty

One last thing, I dont think they will work on the passenger pegs. Our stock ones have a spring loaded ballbearing that lock them in. Maybe the guys i bought them from have rear ones. Im cool with the stock.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

UncleHilty

Really just more elbow grease. You line up the peg, put in the spring and make sure you are compressing the spring all the way, line up the holes and work the pin in. Takes a little bit of trial and error but any sober person can do it! They did not come with springs. Take a look at the difference in how your front and rear pegs work and i think you see what i mean. I dont know how you would keep the passenger pegs up when not in use with out some sort of spring. Let me know how it goes and good luck oh and stay away from the bottle while modding:D

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

UncleHilty

Yeh im i light weight in my "old" age. I used the stock springs with no issues. If they have ther rear that click in place you are in business. Too bad about the wife not liking the bike. You can go faster without her anyway and chicks will dig you!!!HA