Need help raising the front

LFReason

Hi all,

So I tried lowering the front of my bike little by little but I ended up overshooting the amount of drop that I wanted. I tried to raise it back up just by pulling up on the handlebars but that didn't work.

I don't have a stand or a garage or anything and I was wondering if you guys have suggestions on how I might go about to raising the front back up again.

Thank you.

cezell09

I'm not sure if it was a good idea but when I raised my bike back up I loosened it all up and just hit the top of each fork down with a rubber mallet. I finally thought of trying that after an hour of lifting and other stuff.

rregal

Atv lift

If your bike is still ride able and you want help I am in Mira Mesa. I have an ATV lift that works great on the FZ6R with stock muffler. Send me a PM.

Y

yellowfz

Usually if you loosen the triple clamp bolts enough you can just grab the fork tube that goes into the triple calm and twist (like screwing it in or out) and it will move up or down depending on direction of pull or push exertion, or as the other guy said a rubber mallet works too, bike front end needs to be off ground, a floor jack and a sheet/piece of wood under the header between the jack head and header will lift it easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

LFReason

thank you

wow thank you all for your great ideas and your replies! :)

also rregal, thank you for your generous offer. i might take you up on it after i try the rubber mallet thing.

at this point, the difference between the left and right fork is too great to ride in my opinion so im going to try the mallet.

LFReason

Just had the same situation. I loosened bolts slowly while a friend of mine used a crowbar to push up on the bars, down on the shock
i tried the rubber mallet thing and it didnt workout for me. i am interested in trying out your way mistahT. haha

could you please give a little bit more details on where the crowbar would be positioned? i cant visualize it in my head just yet. thank you! :)

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Oh forgot to say -- if you use a wedge (have used screwdriver but not recommended) at the pinch bolt slot with the bolts loose you can easily slide the forks up or down. Use wood or plastic and wedge the slot open, forks will slide freely.

Y

yellowfz

Seriously, you don't have to use a pry bar :eek:, look at the triple clamp bolt area you will see a slit, that slit acts as the clamp to release the clamp just wedge the slit open some, I guarantee you the fork will slide up or down easily, done it thousands of times. :)
Oh man, I hate to see a bike mangled.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member