N00b

Queen

Hello all, I'm currently on a Moto Guzzi Breva but am considering an FZ6R for my next bike, thought I'd join the forum to read and learn.

Me - I'm Mickie, started riding in '72 and have had a bike ever since. Learned on my dads old '63 Honda Dream. I live in the middle of nowhere Illinois, aka the land of square tires. :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Queen

:welcome:

There a a few on here from Illinois... I'm sure if you're near one of them, you can get an up front close view/experience from them.
Enjoy.
I'd like that, hearing from an owner rather than a dealer is always a plus. :thumbup:

Sage

Hey welcome to the forum. The FZ6R is a great bike :p

what part of Illinois you from?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. I'm over in Urbana, under a few feet of snow. :(

We have a member in Champaign. His username is bmw4422. :thumbup:

I'll be moving back that way near the end of summer.

Queen

We have a member in Champaign. His username is bmw4422. :thumbup:

I'll be moving back that way near the end of summer.
Maybe I'll get to meet bmw4422 at 1st Tuesday sometime. :thumbup:

And just curious, how come you're moving back to the land of ice and snow!!! :eek:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I'll get to meet bmw4422 at 1st Tuesday sometime. :thumbup:

And just curious, how come you're moving back to the land of ice and snow!!! :eek:
I'm finishing my PhD this summer, and my wife will be going back to school for her Master's of Social Work at one of the schools in central IL. Plus, we grew up in the Pekin/Peoria area, so she wants to be back closer to family.

Queen

I'm finishing my PhD this summer, and my wife will be going back to school for her Master's of Social Work at one of the schools in central IL. Plus, we grew up in the Pekin/Peoria area, so she wants to be back closer to family.
I see. I work at UI in the library so I'll probably see one or both of you next fall. :D

Soapartist

Hello all, I'm currently on a Moto Guzzi Breva but am considering an FZ6R for my next bike, thought I'd join the forum to read and learn.

Hi Mickie, I'm new here too :eek:,
I have a '10 FZ6R and I really like it, but I take my dual sport or cruiser if I'm going further than 150mi or so.
I'm in WA state.