my son is dating........

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

Boy did this thread take a turn.

What worked for me was doing something that I was interested in doing, meeting a girl who had a similar interest, got to know her, had her take advantage of me while I was drunk, and now we're HAPPILY married for 13+ years with two kids. We get out of eachothers way so we can enjoy being individuals, and encourage each other to be the best we can be.

Brock Kickass

Starting to feel old-fashioned until you posted. I never had much "game" but in fairness I never tried to have any. I met my wife, thought she was a nice girl, smart, pretty, easygoing, everything that would attract me to someone. I asked her several times to let me take her on a date and promised her a nice time. She finally agreed to a date, had a nice time, went out again, and again, and so on. We're married now and just had our first baby. Sure beats the nightclub scene.

roundhouse

I trust my son to be smart. All a parent can really do is teach their children their own morals and values and hope that they do it in a way that the child will adopt those values.

My folks micro managed me and my sister. I got out right after high school and started working and attending community college. My wife's mom was a P.O.S. dope head and my wife got away as soon as she could......and now you have a young couple with different upbringings and similar parenting styles

we give my boy more freedom than I had with definitive rules and boundaries. I have tried to lead him by example. (which I admit I am hit and miss on the cussing)

so far so good. I just feel you hold them too close they run away, you let them have too much independence before they are mature enough that will cause problems.

I wish there was a book I trusted with the exact perfect way to raise them. We will just continue doing the best job we can and hope that when he finally touches his first boob and on he will make the right decision.

Pinarello Rider

I trust my son to be smart. All a parent can really do is teach their children their own morals and values and hope that they do it in a way that the child will adopt those values.

My folks micro managed me and my sister. I got out right after high school and started working and attending community college. My wife's mom was a P.O.S. dope head and my wife got away as soon as she could......and now you have a young couple with different upbringings and similar parenting styles

we give my boy more freedom than I had with definitive rules and boundaries. I have tried to lead him by example. (which I admit I am hit and miss on the cussing)

so far so good. I just feel you hold them too close they run away, you let them have too much independence before they are mature enough that will cause problems.

I wish there was a book I trusted with the exact perfect way to raise them. We will just continue doing the best job we can and hope that when he finally touches his first boob and on he will make the right decision.
Great post. There is no book, because each kid is different, and responds differently to different inputs. Punishing my oldest is a lot differernt from punishing my youngest.

roundhouse

Great post. There is no book, because each kid is different, and responds differently to different inputs. Punishing my oldest is a lot differernt from punishing my youngest.

your correct. I have seen parent try to pigeon hole their child into a mold of what they perceive as the perfect child using a book and that author's experience with their child as a guide