My solution to sagging panniers

D

DaveK

After trying out my panniers on the bike i decided i wanted them to sit lower and further back so there was more room for the other half and lower the centre of gravity. I looked on the net and found Givi has some soft pannier racks but i decided i could probably make a set easily enough myself.

Basically i had a couple lengths of stainless steel rod, 6mm diameter and bent them to suit the shape i needed. The rods pass through and replace the bolts used to hold the pillion foot rests on, follow up the side of the bike, bend up and then in toward the mounting point of the Givi top rack.

This keeps the panniers away from the indicators so not damaging them and provides support to stop them sagging into the wheel arch. Dont be fooloed by the flimsy ness of the rods, they are amazing strong and im bloomin chuffed with them hehe :)

Pics:

Showing how they replace the bolts used for the pillion hangers

Everything is stainless steel so no rusting anytime soon :D
Hope someone can make use if this post

Cheers, Dave

Nelly

After trying out my panniers on the bike i decided i wanted them to sit lower and further back so there was more room for the other half and lower the centre of gravity. I looked on the net and found Givi has some soft pannier racks but i decided i could probably make a set easily enough myself.

Basically i had a couple lengths of stainless steel rod, 6mm diameter and bent them to suit the shape i needed. The rods pass through and replace the bolts used to hold the pillion foot rests on, follow up the side of the bike, bend up and then in toward the mounting point of the Givi top rack.

This keeps the panniers away from the indicators so not damaging them and provides support to stop them sagging into the wheel arch. Dont be fooloed by the flimsy ness of the rods, they are amazing strong and im bloomin chuffed with them hehe :)

Pics:

Showing how they replace the bolts used for the pillion hangers

Everything is stainless steel so no rusting anytime soon :D
Hope someone can make use if this post

Cheers, Dave
That is quality mate,

Fancy running a few sets off for a reasonable price?

Nelly

D

dako81

Looks good!

"blumin chuffed" That's definately a new one! :thumbup:

D

DaveK

That is quality mate,

Fancy running a few sets off for a reasonable price?

Nelly
Hehe, tempting offer but i'll have to pass.

Pretty easy to make really, length of 6mm dia steel, M6 tapping die, a couple drill bits and brute stength :)

Glad u guys like it