My running lights and brakes not working

DarkWing

Hey everyone... I need some help. Yesterday I learned to keep my bike really far from dirt. I was pulling out of my friends driveway and went to adjust for something and the bike fell over. Wasn't going fast but I knocked off my right turn signal. Other than that minimal scratches. I got home and reattached the light. The bulb had fallen out but not broken. I was trying to get the running lights to work. The turn signal part would just not the staying on part. After just trying to push the light in all of a sudden nothing worked but the headlights. I checked the fuses... Nothing there. Help? Please?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Ricenoodle

Check your wires, your turn signals are connected to them on either side inside the fairings. the drop/fall could have snap them loose, broken the connectors, or snap the wires, just trace it back.

DarkWing

Check your wires, your turn signals are connected to them on either side inside the fairings. the drop/fall could have snap them loose, broken the connectors, or snap the wires, just trace it back.
Yeah... well i checked the connections. Like i said, everything was working and then everything including the tail lights stopped working. One of my friends who used to be a bike mechanic said to see if my ground wire shook loose if it wasnt my fuses. But I will have to sit there and take everything apart tomm I guess. . . ugh not going to be too fun.

latony007

im guessing you double, triple checked all the fuses? it can be hard to see they broke sometimes. Just before you start tearing anything off.

DarkWing

im guessing you double, triple checked all the fuses? it can be hard to see they broke sometimes. Just before you start tearing anything off.
Yeah. I'm sitting down right now to look at everything again. And I was just going to check the connection to the battery and up front by the handlebars to see if there is anything just praying I missed a fuse.

Sent from my Nexus 7

DarkWing

Okay... So I feel like a complete idiot... But that's okay, learn from mistakes right? I popped open the fuses again and looked at them. It was dusk the last time and missed the tiny part messed up. I also changed the wrong fuse before lol. So anyways, changed it out, saw that my light popped which is why the fuse broke. Changed that. Everything is new again! So happy! :sly:

Sent from my Nexus 7

latony007

Okay... So I feel like a complete idiot... But that's okay, learn from mistakes right? I popped open the fuses again and looked at them. It was dusk the last time and missed the tiny part messed up. I also changed the wrong fuse before lol. So anyways, changed it out, saw that my light popped which is why the fuse broke. Changed that. Everything is new again! So happy! :sly:

Sent from my Nexus 7
I have done that with those baby fuses before that's why I said it. Glad it worked out.

BrockGrimes

I was just about to ask how you checked your fuses.
I use a multimeter or visual, those stupid fuse checkers with the light lie and only show connectivity and not that the fuse is mostly burned through.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

DarkWing

good deal. otherwise you were screwed
Okay.... So... I got that fixed. Now I've come across another problem. My rear left turn signal wasn't staying on with my right. Bulb I thought, but the signal does flash. It's a single filament as opposed to the front which are double. So I was checking fuses again and testing the turn signals. Noticed that the right side of the bike is completely out of sync. The left is synced it is just the rear won't stay on. The hell! So annoying! Help!?

Sent from my Nexus 7

latony007

Okay.... So... I got that fixed. Now I've come across another problem. My rear left turn signal wasn't staying on with my right. Bulb I thought, but the signal does flash. It's a single filament as opposed to the front which are double. So I was checking fuses again and testing the turn signals. Noticed that the right side of the bike is completely out of sync. The left is synced it is just the rear won't stay on. The hell! So annoying! Help!?

Sent from my Nexus 7
im not sure what your saying. The left turn signal wasn't staying on with my right? what does that mean. What does right side out of sync mean?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member