My newest FZ6R Mods

cbzdel

6000k DDM HID kit with low and high beam :thumbup:

I mounted the ballast here

The high/low beam box is mounted behind the left fairing, and the wires are all 100% hidden, all you can see is the ballast in the above pic..

Then I got my black Pazzo shorty levers with red adapter a few weeks ago and I really liked the color, so I was looking for more things in the red/black color scheme, and I think I found what I was looking for.

So far I am happy with other than cutting my finger on a sharp machined edge of the inside threads. Yeah I see I gave up the locking capability but 95% of the time the bike is in a safe location. But for now I like it, maybe I will change my mind later on??

Oh and the HID cost about $80 from DDM Tuning, and the gas cap was $110 from motowheels.com

Edit: Next on the list K&N Air Filter, and black Rizoma bars, bar ends, and grips... Then I am done until more exhaust options come out..

C

CHEMIKER

Looks sharp :thumbup:

Awesome gas cap, wonder how it would look on my bike...

cbzdel

Looks sharp :thumbup:

Awesome gas cap, wonder how it would look on my bike...
They have different color caps and rings, and a side note all Yamaha bikes use the same cap after the mid 90's (thats what this site told me at least when I messaged them about FZ6R fitment)

phantomxc

That headlight mod looks pretty sweet. How difficult was the install? I need an HID headlight to make my LEDs look better.

spacemonkey

sweet iv been wondering about HID. im gonna drop that in next. was it pretty straight forward?

njdan

Can you tell me where you got the black Pazzo shorty levers from? Also do they come in all black without the red ?

GoGreen09

that gas cap is sick!

MNDZA

Really good looking. How is the HID beam? Is it straight? Does it blind people? Do you have hi beams too?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That looks really nice. The little bit of red really pulls it all together! :thumbup:

Yes, do tell us how the HID install went. Maybe a little how-to...:rolleyes:

Also, are you adjusting to the pazzo's? I know that you weren't sure if you were going to like them. Just curious if your opinions had changed about them.

xplodnstar

Where'd you get your HID kit from? I got mine installed last weekend too, but I was curious. Works wonders on the cars in front of me.

Looks GREAT!!!

fz6rwolf

Looks really good.

reiobard

looks awesome! very clean install and super small ballast!

cbzdel

The HID is easily 2x brighter than the standard bulb, and it comes with the high beam as well, its a mechanical high beam, meaning there is a motor or something inside the bulb adjust the bulb position when you change it, its very strange but works great! I just installed everything last night and once it got dark I just temporary zip tied all the wires up and took it for a ride around the block, then finished it up this morning. Also surprisingly it has a very sharp cut off line, I thought it would be throwing light in every direction and that is not the case (it does reflect some light straight up though?)

The install of the HID was not hard, once you get ALL the pastic off, I planned on writing a How To but then I got frustrated removing all the plastic and gave up on it, PLUS I had a friend over and he wanted to help.. I work better alone, he is the type of person that uses tools and doesn't think that paint is a scratch able surface...

As for the Pazzo's my opinion on them has changed, I never noticed that it really only take about 1/2" of movement to shift, so once I started doing that the shorties felt MUCH better, I am happy with that mod again :thumbup:

Other questions answered, you can get Pazzo's in MANY colors, check out their website, and I got the HID kit from DDMtuning.com

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I figured you'd come around about the pazzo's. ;) I plan to get some as soon as my funds rebuild after the TBR purchase. lol

xplodnstar

I got the HID kit from DDMtuning.com
Good choice! That's where I got mine too. Easy install and you can't beat the price!

phocoyote7

I did my first night ride the other day. I got flashed by one car, wasn't that much traffic, that is with stock light. So was wondering with the HID it must be brighter and wondering do you get flashed? Did you ever get flashed with stock?

Maybe it is my heavy arse tilting my bike up more, who knows.

cbzdel

I did my first night ride the other day. I got flashed by one car, wasn't that much traffic, that is with stock light. So was wondering with the HID it must be brighter and wondering do you get flashed? Did you ever get flashed with stock?

Maybe it is my heavy arse tilting my bike up more, who knows.
I have not got flashed with either.. Hell if they want to flash me, I will flash them back with an HID high beam :thumbup:

If they are flashing you, then you know they see you, which is a good thing...

But in all seriousness, I adjusted the headlight after installing it, so it is i the same location as stock.. (I had to lower it a couple of inches)