My new bike!

A

Ashbone

Well moved on up from my FZ6 to this little baby BMW K1300S it's like riding a guided missile, I cant stop grinning, first mod was a radar detector and H.A.R.D. then at the weekend after the first 1000ks a lazer exhaust then I'm good to go!!!

Attachments

D

Damnitsjeff

Beautiful....... :jawdrop::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

reiobard

very beautiful bike!

How does it compare? (loaded question, I know)

V

vdbergj1

Congratz!:cheer: Neat bike :rockon:
I see you got the AWESOME BLACK :thumbup:

Wolfman

suffering from a little bit of bike envy here...that thing is gorgeous....bet it goes like stink too! love the smug grin on your dial in the photo....i dont blame you!

:rockon:

N

n.e.mich

It's beautiful, I haven't seen one of those yet. I really like it. :thumbup:

M

Mexi-can't

Gorgeous bike! :eek: I saw one in town yesterday and had to take a look. :drool: I love the non fairing R version of the older 1200's. One day.......

S

shreveport1

Incredible bike you got there!!!......Wow i'm sooooo jealous.....:D :rockon:

F

FZ1inNH

Damn! That is a sweet ride! At times I wish my back could handle the aggressive ergos.

Tell us all about it and please, more pics! :D

A

Ashbone

Thanks for all the positve replies, mind you I think you would have to be dead not to like even a small part of this bike.

The finish is beautiful, BMW all the way, the seat and riding position is just built for someone of my size and shape short in the leg but long in the body.

Did a 350k stint yesterday and my backside was still intact when I got home, not bad for the stock seat, all the suspension is computer controlled so just dial in one or two up and what mode ie normal, sport, comfy and off you go.

Full traction control and the clutchless racing gear change make this an extremely fast bike, running in but still pulled 140ks in 1st gear!! cruises around 150ks at approx 5000 rpm with no effort, red lines around 11000.

Single sided swing arm and shaft drive so no messy chain, thank goodness.

There is really no comparison between this and to the FZ6, my FZ6 has served me well and is in a class of it's own against other 600s thats why I brought one, but to be frank it is not even close to the performance, looks and finish of the BMW. you are pitting a 600 with 95hp to a 1300 with 175hp and a racing pedigree.

I will keep you posted with the performance but as yet it still blows me away.

I am going to be giving it a run down to Vancouver Island 3rd July just to see what 6hrs in the saddle is like so I will let you know.

C

chimneydoc

My oldest son has one. Top speed so far is 165 mph, I had it to 110. I'm sure it will do more. Good luck Ride safe.

Doc :cheer:

S

scottsst

congrats on a great bike I no a couple guys with K12's and they love them to death .I'm sure the K13 is even better ride safe