My lucky day...

Senaca

I was riding home last night around 1:30 in the morning.. beautiful night for a ride. I was coming down a 2-lane road through the outskirts of town, and I see two cars coming from the other direction. The first car drifts into his left-turning lane without signalling... I had a feeling he wouldn't see me (even with my high-visibility vest and HID headlight)... so I dropped some gears, and slowed to about 60 km/h just as he cuts right across me to turn. I braked hard, let off, and swerved around him.

Lucky? Of course... but what's more, that other car that was right behind him was a police cruiser :D He got pulled over about 1 second after that. I turned around and spoke with the officer, who was glad I was prepared and riding responsibly. He got a ticket for careless driving. :spank:

All those times I wished there was a cop around, finally my luck has turned.

Ride safe!

Senaca

Verranth

I was riding home last night around 1:30 in the morning.. beautiful night for a ride. I was coming down a 2-lane road through the outskirts of town, and I see two cars coming from the other direction. The first car drifts into his left-turning lane without signalling... I had a feeling he wouldn't see me (even with my high-visibility vest and HID headlight)... so I dropped some gears, and slowed to about 60 km/h just as he cuts right across me to turn. I braked hard, let off, and swerved around him.

Lucky? Of course... but what's more, that other car that was right behind him was a police cruiser :D He got pulled over about 1 second after that. I turned around and spoke with the officer, who was glad I was prepared and riding responsibly. He got a ticket for careless driving. :spank:

All those times I wished there was a cop around, finally my luck has turned.

Ride safe!

Senaca
Great job on driving defensively :thumbup:

Allan

Ditto! Since i've started riding, i've become more and more aware of just how invisible a biker can be (riding vest and all!)

xplodnstar

Way to go. :thumbup: I love when life does that.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nice job scanning ahead and preparing for what could happen. :thumbup:

You know what they say about karma... :D

oyamyers

Nice job! You live to ride another day.

WenMark

Good Job....& Great story and I will bet that officer just had to ask you about your awesome ride. i bet he goes out and buys one now!:)

OTTF

Great job riding, you just never know what the other person is going to do...I also hope the other driver will also be more aware of his :thumbup: