My first drop!

Detrich

sorry to hear about the mishap, but glad u're ok... yah, it sux, but the bike can be fixed. use each lesson as a learning opportunity.

i have friends who are very capable riders for 20+ years and even they still have mishaps. street riding is what it is- ie always unpredictable and always a little scary. we all need to do what we can to be safe and to keep improving.

Bert-Aus

Cheers for all the well wishes & tips
If anything I think my ego is the most damaged item in all.

Waiting on Insurance peeps to get back to me as to what I do next with my sruffy looking baby

CrazyCawi

Cheers for all the well wishes & tips
If anything I think my ego is the most damaged item in all.

Waiting on Insurance peeps to get back to me as to what I do next with my sruffy looking baby
who do you have for insurance? Hopefully your rate doesnt spike on you? what kind of deductible do you have?

uflbronco

You are correct. The Lean Angle Sensor is supposed to trip and turn off the fuel pump until the bike is upright then the key is turned off and back on. The sensor is not functioning (or not present) is the bike remains running after landing on it's side.

My FZ1 was down and shut off so I know this is how it works properly.
Weird! I bought my bike new so I know no one messed with anything, but it defiantly did not shut off. I got to it very quickly, the bike was on its side for just a few seconds. Maybe it just ddn't have time to shut off. I remember going to pick the bike up and stoped to hit the kill switch because I diden't want to lift it up with the back tire spinning. The oil light came on until I reset the key. At least I think it was the oil light :confused:
Dropped mine about 2 weeks ago and it shut off. Light came on and bike would not start until I turned key off and on again. I didn't know it had the sensor.

Bert-Aus

who do you have for insurance? Hopefully your rate doesnt spike on you? what kind of deductible do you have?
I have Insuremyride -a webbased Aussie insurer, my excess is $400.
The repair guys came and picked her up and got back to me on last Wednesday (before Easter weekend).

All told damage as noted 3 left fairing parts (upper, mid & front left innner rear), windshield, repaint fuel tank & rear left pod, bars and clutch lever with bar end oh and left mirror.

Worst part is THREE f#$@*in weeks till she is back to me!:mad:
It is now Tuesday 10/04/2012 and has been 10 days without my rocket ride bella -I now understand alcoholics DT's. Every time I hear see a bike I cant help but act like a meerkat trying to see what it is. I even caught myself smelling my leather jacket sleeve while getting a shirt out for work this morning!! -I got it bad:banghead:

Roll on 3 weeks time!

FazerWest

I have Insuremyride -a webbased Aussie insurer, my excess is $400.
The repair guys came and picked her up and got back to me on last Wednesday (before Easter weekend).

All told damage as noted 3 left fairing parts (upper, mid & front left innner rear), windshield, repaint fuel tank & rear left pod, bars and clutch lever with bar end oh and left mirror.

Worst part is THREE f#$@*in weeks till she is back to me!:mad:
It is now Tuesday 10/04/2012 and has been 10 days without my rocket ride bella -I now understand alcoholics DT's. Every time I hear see a bike I cant help but act like a meerkat trying to see what it is. I even caught myself smelling my leather jacket sleeve while getting a shirt out for work this morning!! -I got it bad:banghead:

Roll on 3 weeks time!
act like a meerkat LMAO! sorry your funny, but it really sucks about your bike i hope the 3 weeks is a longer estimate, and hope it gets done early!! stay safe!

Bert-Aus

She's back from repairs with new shiny bits!!!

Exchanged my 1 stock mirror replacement for two Ninja EX250 mirrors and somehow a tinted (only slightly) windshield!

YEAH baby Chips'n'Gravy! only now it decides to rain all week...this is Sth Aus that doesn't happen

Attachments

Mitch21

She's back from repairs with new shiny bits!!!

Exchanged my 1 stock mirror replacement for two Ninja EX250 mirrors and somehow a tinted (only slightly) windshield!

YEAH baby Chips'n'Gravy! only now it decides to rain all week...this is Sth Aus that doesn't happen
Good to see the bike back in tip top shape, with some extra mods. Hope u get back on the her soon even with this weather. All the best