My Ebay flush mounts installation

alh081

Got home from work today to find my ebay flush mounts in the mail.
I purchased them from here:
Ebay Flush Mounts

Anway, on to the installation!

These are a pic of the LED signals:

First, i removed the black plastic trim above the fairings to access the harness from behind (seen below). Reach down, disconnect the harness, and take the plastic piece off the back of the signal that holds it in place.

LEFT

RIGHT

Pulled out the signal.

Bought a set of signal harness a while back from here for this purpose: Yamaha Signal Harness
Custom made a 2 wire to 3 wire harness so I can use running lights.

After this, pretty self explanatory.
I put the signal harness through the hole and plugged it back up. On the back of the flushmounts has plastic threads along w/ a plastic nut. The signal itself is bigger than the hole (maybe because I bought the one for Kawasakis. I assumed they were all the same). So, I put double sided tape on the back of the signals and tightened the plastic nut by hand. I still ended up tightening them too hard and i hear the plastic crack behind the signal (oh well :p).

ANYWAY, finished one side! TADAAA!!!

Then BOTH sides!

Side view:
Less lighting on this side.

Had light coming through the garage windows on this side.

here is how they look w/ the bike off.

FINALLY...here is a video that I made just to compare the stock and flush mounts followed by the completed install.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6OqbSglj8s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6OqbSglj8s[/ame]

Oh Yeah...and also, here is a pic of my DIY fender eliminator as well.

Last edited:

travisH3

More info on how ya did the wiring to use them as running lights. I installed the same ones but just left the running light wire in connected. I thought you would almost have to use a relay.

alh081

More info on how ya did the wiring to use them as running lights. I installed the same ones but just left the running light wire in connected. I thought you would almost have to use a relay.
i basically bought a pack of resistors and diodes from radioshack (about $6). Then a bit of soldering. Pretty simple.

travisH3

I may re do my wiring then, your making me regret rushing into buying a new bike and settling with black, that white looks sweet!

alh081

hahahah. i rushed into getting mine as well (1 month after passing MSF course)..but i waited a week to get a white one instead of the black that the dealer had in stock. Anyway, PM me if you need help w/ the wiring.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member