Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

cjsFZ6R

It looks great like i knew it would now the mirrors you! lol... Now when we meet up we won't match so much ;) looks great cant wait to see it all finished up

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

iSpoolin

Im not a fan of the windscreen, but those side graphics look sick!

cjsFZ6R

BikeSkinz.com

Mirrors are already ordered. I ordered them off eBay, but it wasn't until after I paid that you lean this particular seller is in Hong Kong, so we shall see. They'll probably get here on time, but somehow be infected with computer viruses :D

ish.... mine came from CA and got here in 2 days... i'm sure it will all work out great.. man your gonna put mine to shame till the pink is done... maybe i'll wait to ride with you till i'm all finished.. lol...

Crocop43

U got a number for this guy? I'm originally from virginiA beach....I'd like to contact him to get something done. I visit vb like every weekend....it's where my family is

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

1stGenPaint

Hi guys. I hadn't planned to join this forum since I've never owned a bike, but since Mike didn't email installed pictures to me, I thought I'd come looking for how my work looked on the bike. ;)

So, please excuse the thread-jack, I'll answer some questions I've seen so far [and then some, haha].

My name is Harry Leach, I run a small hobby business, along with my brother, called 1st Gen Paint and Graphics. I typically paint bodies for hobby grade RC cars, though I have also painted helmets. Most of my work is done in "reverse", which is the best way to paint windscreens to keep the artwork as protected as possible.

For contacting me, I prefer email mainly because my regular job has me out of state and out of country on a fairly regular basis, so my phone doesn't always work. Because of this, I can't guarantee turn-around times in most cases, but I always work with potential customers to minimize the time they're without items to be painted. When I am home and able to paint, helmets usually take about a week before return shipping, wind screens would be 3-4 days. Most of this time is allowing the paint to fully dry to minimize the chance of damage in shipping.

The paint I use is a lacquer based paint formulated for polycarbonate plastic, which makes them weather resistant when used on windscreens. Helmets are clear coated, which allows me to use any type of paint that has the color required [including water base], and still be protected.

As Mike mentioned, my website gets flagged by Google from time to time, but I guarantee my web form is safe, I coded it myself.

To answer some other questions:
BrueThru: Das Weiner Works is still on Mercury, though I haven't eaten there in quite some time. It's changed ownership 2-3 times in the last few years, and the last time I was there, they had fried chicken on the menu :confused: I took that as a bad sign and haven't been back.

iSpoolin: I can understand painted graphics aren't for everyone. Do you not care for the subject, or the fact that the windscreen is painted at all?

Crocop43: Weekdays are usually best for me, weekends are for racing ;) But being a semi-local, I can work something out. :)

Mike, it looks good on the bike. ;) The colors might have a bit more depth and a little less metallic in the sun though. :)

iSpoolin

iSpoolin: I can understand painted graphics aren't for everyone. Do you not care for the subject, or the fact that the windscreen is painted at all?
I'm fine with custom painted things, I have some custom airbrushing done on my car actually. I just don't think a (no offense) template file looking dragon on the windscreen goes with the bike at all. Those side graphics he is getting is sick, but I think it would look better if the screen was just black, or if he had it airbrushed to follow the side graphics theme. That's just my opinion though.

1stGenPaint

I'm fine with custom painted things, I have some custom airbrushing done on my car actually. I just don't think a (no offense) template file looking dragon on the windscreen goes with the bike at all. Those side graphics he is getting is sick, but I think it would look better if the screen was just black, or if he had it airbrushed to follow the side graphics theme. That's just my opinion though.
I can see where you're coming from. In fairness, I paint what the customer wants, I was supplied with the graphic file and color choice, and never saw the side vinyl wrap until this thread. I'm sure if Mike wanted everything to match, I would have had to suggest, as much as it would have pained me, to get a vinyl wrap for the windscreen as well. I've done some intricate shaded graphics, but 2-tone graphics [like black over red] continue to whip my tail, lol.

At the same time, I like the medieval shield/coat of arms feel the windscreen gives in contrast with the dark, hardcore feel the vinyl wrap has.

That's the great thing about custom work, it's a very personal expression, and as long as the owner likes it, I love it. :)

Thanks for feedback, maybe this will help show I'm more than a template painter. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member
Last edited: