my bike STINKS!!!!!!!!!!

LocoLechero

here goes!!!! been very busy last few weeks installed Two Bros BS carbon fiber - juice box pro and Driven block offs!!! couldn't be happier with the way the bike drives and sounds :D only i'm having a few issues- iv'e done some research on the forum and am looking for some direct impute from some forum members -
-when ever i really get on the throttle my bike is throwing off some serious rich gas stink - my buddy riding behind says it smells like pure gasoline :eek:
- my gas mileage seems to be awful - i'm ripping through gas - i just topped off the tank so i could do some calculations but i'm not empty enough yet to tally the numbers
-i'm really new to all this and ecstatic me and bro have been able to do all these installs "in-house" but as far as plugging the fuel controller in and setting the map ( marthy sport rev A - thanks buddy :thumbup:) i'm not sure what more i can do - these problems seem to be fuel related and not sure where to go from this point

FastFreddy

Can't you weld in a wide band oxygen sensor bung and get it to auto tune ?
That would be the correct thing to do, though possibly expensive.

Do you have any data logging to find out where to remove fuel from the map ?

It'd probably be cheaper to get a dyno tune.

I've been thru all these things with my car already, so I leave the bike stock.

Where's a leprachaun that's good at butt dyno tuning when you need one ? Just put him on the back, tuning away, while you ride around.
You have to be careful with maps, too lean and too much ignition advance is what hurts the engine.

Last edited:

abyss1406

Try reinstalling the map

Chucker

You're definitely running way too rich. If there is a smell of pure gasoline at speed, I wouldn't drive it until it's fixed. A significant amount of unburned gasoline in your cylinders can cause an excessive amount of wear as it washes the oil off your cylinder walls.

here goes!!!! been very busy last few weeks installed Two Bros BS carbon fiber - juice box pro and Driven block offs!!! couldn't be happier with the way the bike drives and sounds :D only i'm having a few issues- iv'e done some research on the forum and am looking for some direct impute from some forum members -
-when ever i really get on the throttle my bike is throwing off some serious rich gas stink - my buddy riding behind says it smells like pure gasoline :eek:
- my gas mileage seems to be awful - i'm ripping through gas - i just topped off the tank so i could do some calculations but i'm not empty enough yet to tally the numbers
-i'm really new to all this and ecstatic me and bro have been able to do all these installs "in-house" but as far as plugging the fuel controller in and setting the map ( marthy sport rev A - thanks buddy :thumbup:) i'm not sure what more i can do - these problems seem to be fuel related and not sure where to go from this point
Take off the map. It wont hurt the bike to run without the Juice box but it does hurt the bike if you continue like this. And it will be an expensive repair... Get a power commander too. Works so much better

LocoLechero

So i went and talked to my guy over at the bike shop and he told me other than gas consumption its better for my bike to be running rich as opposed to lean. He said that i'm not in danger of damaging anything and that i should play with the settings on my juice box - take down the mid range a notch than the low end if need be
any thoughts?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

LocoLechero

UGH just spent 180 on a JB pro hate to have to purchase another fuel controller!!!! I will try Marthy's touring map see if that helps- don't get me wrong the Sport revA is wicked fun to ride :D only thing throwing me off was that stink :confused:
- Does what my bike guy said sound right about not harming anything with that stink/running rich???
-also i have a little bit of a rough idle - any thoughts??? ive heard about syncing the throttle :confused:
- thanks for your insights all

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

LocoLechero

when you say lower fuel -3% do you mean physically on the juice box? if so ive got 3 adjustment dials low/mid/high which ones should i start with? -3% would that be 3 hash marks? i'm a fuel controller noob :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member