Motorcycle Boot thoughts

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

arse

shift fuel, love em for commuting and joyriding. more of a high top shoe than a boot but when i want to wear boots ill go with a pair of sidis.

dcBear78

shift fuel, love em for commuting and joyriding. more of a high top shoe than a boot but when i want to wear boots ill go with a pair of sidis.
+1. I got the white ones that look even more like a shoe. Perfect for my requirements.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Detrich

For weekend riding, Sidi ST's...
For riding around town, Vega Sports...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BKP

sammy56

So, I always wear a pair of boots while riding however they are not "motorcycle boots". Rather, just a pair of boots. I went to the dealership to look at moto boots and the things were like a solid piece that went half way up my calf and I could hardly walk in them. I need boots that I can ride with, then walk around in.

What do you wear/use..
I wear various types of steel toe work boots from Sears. Certainly lacking the hard ankle protection, but otherwise great.

LB

buzzbomb

Elite Member

WKD

If you prefer a hiking style boot Icon sells some good ones and reasonably priced. I just recently purchased some Aplinestar Fastbacks and am loving them. Almost bought the SMX2 but didn't think I needed quite that much armour for my riding. Comfy, light and waterproof to boot (pardon the pun). For springtime I picked up a cheap pair of SP1 waterproofs + good insulation. The problem I have with high boots is thick calves.

For the guys riding Sidi Fusion I was wondering if a) do they fit under jeans or do you wear riding pants and b) how high are they up the leg? I really like the look of them and reasonably priced too.

bobski

Shift Kicker if you can still find them somewhere. Hightop shoe style, great ankle support & paddidng, walk around all day comfort.