More than likely has bee posted B4

Ravinx

I plan on Modding my bike more towards the ST side than the SB side of my FZ6R. Im looking for some good suggestions on Side bags. Hard or soft bags. Im not going to put an upper bag on it. Also I have a tail eliminator kit already on the bike. Can I still use the supports that I see people using to mount the side bags or do I have to go back to a stock rear?
I am also Looking at getting rid of the stock blinkers in the front and going with a double flush mount blinker. What I mean by that is flush mounting in the stock position and then locating some in/by the intake like Rabbitmans Blue FZ6R that I saw here on the forums. So suggestions on some Lights.
I was Also thinking of Illuminating the carriage of the bike behind the fairings. Is it legal to have them on while riding? I was thinking for better visibility at night.
First is my seat. I will be going with the luimoto gold gel and rewrap the seat myself. I will custom stitch myself (pics to come of my leather and foaming work) I have done a few hotrods b4 so the seat shouldn't be to hard. I was thinking some class A Italian leather and the gel should make my hind quarters sing with happiness.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

When I bought my bike it came with those cases. They were awesome. But since I only do short commutes here I decides to take mine off. I'll put it back on when I get back to the mainland. Very easy set up tho I recommend them

ylwf3vr

Oh and what's SB? I'm guessing ST = Sport Touring?

Ravinx

ST= Sport touring SB=Sport Bike.
when I think of sport bike I think of short runs just playing around. Not that I wont be doing that also. I plan on using the bike as a trip bike mostly, so that's what I am going to gear towards more.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

I plan on Modding my bike more towards the ST side than the SB side of my FZ6R. Im looking for some good suggestions on Side bags. Hard or soft bags. Im not going to put an upper bag on it. Also I have a tail eliminator kit already on the bike. Can I still use the supports that I see people using to mount the side bags or do I have to go back to a stock rear?
I am also Looking at getting rid of the stock blinkers in the front and going with a double flush mount blinker. What I mean by that is flush mounting in the stock position and then locating some in/by the intake like Rabbitmans Blue FZ6R that I saw here on the forums. So suggestions on some Lights.
I was Also thinking of Illuminating the carriage of the bike behind the fairings. Is it legal to have them on while riding? I was thinking for better visibility at night.
First is my seat. I will be going with the luimoto gold gel and rewrap the seat myself. I will custom stitch myself (pics to come of my leather and foaming work) I have done a few hotrods b4 so the seat shouldn't be to hard. I was thinking some class A Italian leather and the gel should make my hind quarters sing with happiness.
Here are the signals I used, and the strips. I think Rabbit put flush mounts actually up in the scoops where as I used Strips which I personally think looks better. My idea was stolen from Scott Thomas. If you check out his or my pictures I think you can see them pretty good. I also added some strips up front just for looks, attached picture. except I disconnected the flushs as running lights so they are just signals now with only the red strips as running lights. I did something different to the back too I have to get the pict off my phone.

2X 24cm 24 LEDs Amber Neon Flexible Strip Light 428 | eBay
Smoke Euro LED Flush Mount Turn Signal for 00 06 Suzuki GSXR 600 GSX R 750 1000 | eBay

Attachments

latony007

rear signals

hey it was easier than I thought to get the picts from my phone lol. Let me know if everyone hates these. I have them hooked up so I can remove them easily. I have a plate frame on right now causing the plate light to shine outward more than it should. correction in the mail for that now should have it by Friday.

Attachments

Ravinx

Here are the signals I used, and the strips. I think Rabbit put flush mounts actually up in the scoops where as I used Strips which I personally think looks better. My idea was stolen from Scott Thomas. If you check out his or my pictures I think you can see them pretty good. I also added some strips up front just for looks, attached picture. except I disconnected the flushs as running lights so they are just signals now with only the red strips as running lights. I did something different to the back too I have to get the pict off my phone.

2X 24cm 24 LEDs Amber Neon Flexible Strip Light 428 | eBay
Smoke Euro LED Flush Mount Turn Signal for 00 06 Suzuki GSXR 600 GSX R 750 1000 | eBay
Yeah sorry Rabbit but I like the strips better :rolleyes:

latony007

Yeah sorry Rabbit but I like the strips better :rolleyes:
lol, hey I forgot to mention if you want the flushes as running lights, like they are now, you need to get a three wire signal, or be prepared to never change the ones in the back. You can actually hook a two wire up as a running light/signal in the front but if you change to LED in the back it turns every light to a running light which is weird but anyway. If you need anything let us know.

ylwf3vr

lol, hey I forgot to mention if you want the flushes as running lights, like they are now, you need to get a three wire signal, or be prepared to never change the ones in the back. You can actually hook a two wire up as a running light/signal in the front but if you change to LED in the back it turns every light to a running light which is weird but anyway. If you need anything let us know.
I saw a GSXR yesterday when he hit his brakes, the turn signals came on with brake lights. Anyone done that?