More Horsepower!!!!!

ipscrus00

Ok I have had my 09 for for a few months. I would to try to get some more horse power out of it but I don't have alot of cash. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

MikeN02

Sell it and get another bike. If you're asking for more horsepower than you're a track person and not a street rider. And those of course belong on the track, and a race bike such as an R6 or R1.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Pizz

A very cheap way to increase your bike's acceleration (at the expense of top end) is to go -1 on your front sprocket ($40). This doesn't affect horsepower though and will increase your revs for any given speed.

About $1500 will get you around 10% more horsepower (exhaust and PCM).

Other than that, trade it in and try to ride the next bike before you buy it.

ipscrus00

Well all are great suggestions and I thank you for them. I guess my mistake was not shopping around more than I did. But for what it is it's a fun bike and I can deal with it for now. One of my problems was I had not been on a bike in probably 20 years and buying a new bike was so exciting it got the better of me. Oh well. Live and learn. next bike I will know better. It's a great intro bike though. And still alot of fun.

joloy133

Well all are great suggestions and I thank you for them. I guess my mistake was not shopping around more than I did. But for what it is it's a fun bike and I can deal with it for now. One of my problems was I had not been on a bike in probably 20 years and buying a new bike was so exciting it got the better of me. Oh well. Live and learn. next bike I will know better. It's a great intro bike though. And still alot of fun.
I believe a good mechanic can work a turbo for ya, Craxican was considering it.

Love Enigma

You're really using all the HP this bike has? For more than a couple seconds at a time?

You must either be independently wealthy to pay all those speeding tickets, or on a track most of the time, or you're not using all the power it has and therefore not riding it right.

I also venture to guess that if you haven't been on a bike in 20yrs you haven't experienced anything like what this bike can do, especially in braking and corners. You can learn to push those limits before whining about not having enough power. That's my humble suggestion though...

ipscrus00

Well first off I don't think I was whining. But thank for your humble comment. Just because I have not been on a bike in 20yrs doesn't mean I have not experienced a bike with alot more power. But again thank you for the constructive criticism.

Craxican

still working on the turbo...ordered a garret...but they said itd be like 6 weeks before they ship it:(...o well...one day i will have it:D (although my main purpose for adding a turbo is because it has not been done,)...i mean...where in the hell am i gonna use an extra 50hp lol...

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Pizz

You're really using all the HP this bike has? For more than a couple seconds at a time?

You must either be independently wealthy to pay all those speeding tickets, or on a track most of the time, or you're not using all the power it has and therefore not riding it right.

I also venture to guess that if you haven't been on a bike in 20yrs you haven't experienced anything like what this bike can do, especially in braking and corners. You can learn to push those limits before whining about not having enough power. That's my humble suggestion though...
My other bike is a ZX14. It has 190 horsepower stock and goes from 0 to 60 mph in just over 2 seconds. I can confidently use every drop of the 68 hp in the FZ6R so I understand what ipscrus00 is saying. The FZ6R is a very nimble, fun riding bike, well designed with great looks, but it is NOT a power bike, by any stretch. As for the braking performance, I have to remember to give myself more room to stop on the FZ6R, because the brakes are a lot softer than those on my ZX.

My point is that bike performance is as relative as the rider's expectations. Find the bike, or bikes, that fit your style and enjoy!

Bikegirl88

My other bike is a ZX14. It has 190 horsepower stock and goes from 0 to 60 mph in just over 2 seconds. I can confidently use every drop of the 68 hp in the FZ6R so I understand what ipscrus00 is saying. The FZ6R is a very nimble, fun riding bike, well designed with great looks, but it is NOT a power bike, by any stretch. As for the braking performance, I have to remember to give myself more room to stop on the FZ6R, because the brakes are a lot softer than those on my ZX.

My point is that bike performance is as relative as the rider's expectations. Find the bike, or bikes, that fit your style and enjoy!
My husband has a ZX14 as well. Amazing bike. I may try it later in the season. I have not even ridden my FZ6R yet. Still at the dealer. But I am sure that it will be good for the next two years at least.

Good luck to the OP in finding a bike that will meet theri needs. I believ that adding HP to the FZ6R in a cost effective way will lead you to having to upgrade your bike to another model.

joloy133

still working on the turbo...ordered a garret...but they said itd be like 6 weeks before they ship it:(...o well...one day i will have it:D (although my main purpose for adding a turbo is because it has not been done,)...i mean...where in the hell am i gonna use an extra 50hp lol...
You could hit your wheelie exiting a 3rd gear turn into a straight. That would be a cool pic yeah!

Craxican

that would be awesome.....as far as wheelies go, still working on them but with the cold it has not been safe at the church parking lot...however I am hitting them pretty consistently, just need to get the courage to ride them longer...also trying to work on a slow wheelie...not a 12 oclock or anything, just ride out a wheelie at like 15mph, most of the ones i hit now are like 30mph

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
How about finding a wrecked FZ6 and pulling the motor to bolt into this frame? You'd want the ECU as well, but with some work, it shouldn't be all that difficult. ;) You'd have the first 92+ HP R model!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator