More Agressive Look

KADO

Has anyone come across any other type of bars to use to get a more lower aggressive riding style?

oyamyers

I for one was looking for a bike that didn't have the agressive bars and the FZ6R offers the more up right seated position. Maybe the FZ6R is not the right bike for you.

MNDZA

Has anyone come across any other type of bars to use to get a more lower aggressive riding style?
I've been looking to do this for a while now and nothing has come up that would work right. I've decided that by the time I find something, I'll already be trading it in so it's just not worth it. Also, our bikes are really not designed for pushing hard. I ride with a few people who have supersports and my pegs scrape when they got plenty of clearance (and that's even with me using good form). Our bikes are more for touring than track so I don't think it makes sense anymore to try and make the bike into something it really isn't.

cbzdel

I've been looking to do this for a while now and nothing has come up that would work right. I've decided that by the time I find something, I'll already be trading it in so it's just not worth it. Also, our bikes are really not designed for pushing hard. I ride with a few people who have supersports and my pegs scrape when they got plenty of clearance (and that's even with me using good form). Our bikes are more for touring than track so I don't think it makes sense anymore to try and make the bike into something it really isn't.

If your pegs are scraping cut off your feelers, if you have done that get new pegs. Our bikes can lean if you push it.. I have no chicken strips left and I have never touched peg or anything else...

As for the bars its hard because our fairings are so tall, there is really no bar that will fit due to this...

PoltArt

I was actually at a local dealer a few days back and I was talking to him about the bar. He actually said that there are shorter fairings and straight bars so that you can lower the bars and fairings and get a more aggressive feel, but he said it still wouldn't be like an R6 or R1 or anything, just a bit better.

MNDZA

If your pegs are scraping cut off your feelers, if you have done that get new pegs. Our bikes can lean if you push it.. I have no chicken strips left and I have never touched peg or anything else...

As for the bars its hard because our fairings are so tall, there is really no bar that will fit due to this...
I'd rather not cut off the feelers because I've gotten rid of my chicken strips so I use the feelers to know that I have almost no tire left to lean on.

angelsneverlose

your trading your bike in already? You dont like it or something?:confused:

on our bikes, will we alwasy scrap the feeler thing on the bottom of the pegs before leaning to far? im newer and have been trying to push mine harder and lean further, but im afraid ill lean to far and will just fall over... is this possible?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

on our bikes, will we alwasy scrap the feeler thing on the bottom of the pegs before leaning to far? im newer and have been trying to push mine harder and lean further, but im afraid ill lean to far and will just fall over... is this possible?
As long as you are traveling at a decent rate of speed, you will not just fall over. However, you can lean the bike too far, such that the tires loose contact/traction and the bike will slide out from under you. But you would really need to be pushing it hard to do that (or have bald tires).

Verranth

Wow...:jawdrop: I have leaned the bike, well...thought I had leaned it pretty hard. It sounds like you guys are taking some serious turns. I have yet to touch the ground with the stock pegs and feelers...guess I need to keep pushing it....

Senaca

MNDZA is right, these bikes are sport-tourers... even with more aggressive bars, it's nowhere close to a SS in so many aspects... such as pegs, and seat height. I don't even think the FZ6R would be as comfortable as a SS if we had their style of bars, because from waist down, you have an upright position still. I imagine if most people got the lower bars, they would be surprised at how awkward it feels, even compared to a SS, and then ride less due to uncomfort. :rolleyes:

I simply enjoy the bike for what it is... a delicious blend of performance, looks, and comfort :D

Senaca

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Wow...:jawdrop: I have leaned the bike, well...thought I had leaned it pretty hard. It sounds like you guys are taking some serious turns. I have yet to touch the ground with the stock pegs and feelers...guess I need to keep pushing it....
I have pretty small chicken strips left on my tires, and I have never scraped the peg feelers. With the correct form, you should never scrape the pegs. That's just my opinion. :surrender:

MNDZA

I have pretty small chicken strips left on my tires, and I have never scraped the peg feelers. With the correct form, you should never scrape the pegs. That's just my opinion. :surrender:
Even with correct form you will scrape if you're trying to do what a supersport could do. I was following a couple GSXR 600's on the twisties and had one behind me to coach me. At the speed we were going on the curves, I would scrape due to low clearance of our pegs when the other guys still had a ways to go before scraping anything. The guy behind me said my form was fine....it's just the design of the bike.

MNDZA

I like the bike a lot, but my original reason for getting it was to learn on it to get me ready for something more powerful and not as user-friendly. The FZ6R is a great bike and I'd keep it if I didn't already have my heart set out on something else.

cbzdel

I like the bike a lot, but my original reason for getting it was to learn on it to get me ready for something more powerful and not as user-friendly. The FZ6R is a great bike and I'd keep it if I didn't already have my heart set out on something else.
whats your heart set on now?

MNDZA

whats your heart set on now?
A GSXR 750. I was going to trade for one last week, but decided to wait at least till they announce the 2010 model to see if it's worth waiting for.

cbzdel

How do the FZ6 guys get away with new pegs, and even trimming the kick stand to get more lean??

I dont see how a bike is designed to lean more or less.. Ok the pegs scrape, so?? What on another bike allows you to lean further??

I almost am beginning to think maybe it has to do with the tire width, because that is the only thing that really changes...

You say your scraping pegs, so are you dragging knee?? If your not throwing your weight then your not ridding it to its fullest..

KADO

I like the bike just like the rest of us, I was just wanting something a little different but like ya'll point out it will most likely not be a comfortable riding style if I change the bars.

MNDZA

How do the FZ6 guys get away with new pegs, and even trimming the kick stand to get more lean??

I dont see how a bike is designed to lean more or less.. Ok the pegs scrape, so?? What on another bike allows you to lean further??

I almost am beginning to think maybe it has to do with the tire width, because that is the only thing that really changes...

You say your scraping pegs, so are you dragging knee?? If your not throwing your weight then your not ridding it to its fullest..
It's quite simple. Supersport bikes have more clearance than we do, allowing them to lean further. Another example is that our bikes have more clearance than a cruiser, allowing us to lean further than they can. Try out a few different types of bikes and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Also, put our FZ6R next to an R6 and see the huge difference in how high the placement of the pegs are.....clearance.

cbzdel

It's quite simple. Supersport bikes have more clearance than we do, allowing them to lean further. Another example is that our bikes have more clearance than a cruiser, allowing us to lean further than they can. Try out a few different types of bikes and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Also, put our FZ6R next to an R6 and see the huge difference in how high the placement of the pegs are.....clearance.
I don't want to start a battle, but if its really about placement, why cant you just cut off the feelers like the FZ6 guys do?? Most companies put feelers on their pegs dont they, and most people cut them off dont they??

Last edited:

Senaca

.....snip......................
+1. Although clearance is less on our bikes than on SS, you should have your weight over the bike significantly, knee out, and helmet out past the mirror.

There's some good vids on youtube teaching how to corner hard that demonstrate this. I see many people leaning the bike over very far without being leaned over completely themselves.

I sure hope we're talking about track days here... :rolleyes: