Mods & inspection

jgelack

Can anyone that lives in PA tell me if I may have any problems with the following mods come inspection time. Fender eliminator, integrated tail light , flush mount turn signals (Watson), bar end mirrors, shorty levers, and a smoked windscreen. I realize every shop is different, some being more lenient than others. I'm just trying to get a idea. Thanks

Domiano

I have all of those mods on my fz6r besides the tinted windshield and the bar end mirrors. I got mine inspected yesterday with no problems. I love right outside of Pittsburgh btw

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jgelack

Honestly I think they're glad when people get their bikes inspected. Many of my friends don't. I emailed a woman at the place where I get inspected and if you get inspected before July the inspection only lasts till September or October so you have to get re-inspected before winter. Stupid PA law and I got caught in that cycle for a while. I finally last year (expired in September last year) got a full year inspection. Problem is at the end of the season I don't feel like going back. Anyways, I talked to her and she said just to wait till July. She rides and has lots of fiends including a couple cop friends that ride and they are riding with no inspection. Cops rarely check even if they pull you over. It's only a fix it ticket if you get caught. She told me I could come in, but if I wait till July I can get inspected through the following September. I usually don't like taking chances with some of the a$$hat cops out there, but this time I will.
Thank you for giving me a heads up on that! I was not aware of it. I think I will also hold off until July. Thanks again

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jgelack

For what it's worth I do agree with the inspector about the flushmount visibility from the front. Also he did say (I had short stalk rears with my fender eliminator) and he said any smaller and he wouldn't pass it. I have a moto dynamics integrated, but chose to keep my fender eliminator signal in conjunction. I like both for added protection from the rear.
I was just going to go with the integrated tail light and eliminate the turn signals altogether since it functions as both. If I have any problems, I have a set of bolt on signals that I can add to my fender eliminator.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jgelack

Exactly what I had planned to do, but decided I liked both. My route to work has lots of dbag cagers and everyone is going 70+ mph. I generally just try to stay ahead of them :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yeah, that makes sense. Sometimes it's insane out there. Whatever we can do to help them see us!

jgelack

I decided to add signals to my fender eliminator. Not only will this make me more visible, but I won't have to worry about inspection or the cops pulling me over for not having visible rear signals.