Mods and stuff...

mfischler

Elite Member
Last edited:

joloy133

mods and stuff

I myself think somewhat the same way. I modded my stock exhaust, got a K&N filter for $43 by spec. order from Pep Boys, and got a deal on Dyno tune w/PC for $500, (tech time = $300 on top of PC). Final outcome is about 7 to 10 extra HP but better performance in low and midrange, (these bikes run lean from factory). My next expend. will be setting up my suspension to me and how I intend to ride, etc. (I've noticed some tendencies especially on some canyon roads I want to address).

For the other guys, I understand the passion of making the bike "yours". And for me as well, the sound was meek (like an air compressor)! That's what started me to everything else. It isn't just $ and sense.....U No.....PASSION !!
FWIW

Atron

I agree... mainly its personalizing your bike...and nothing wrong if by making the bike more..."yours" you get some added bonuses with it eh? :D:thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Based on Two Brothers dyno run, their exhaust gives an added 6-8 hp at the rear wheel. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but the butt dyno says that the exhaust makes a difference and not just sound-wise. The bike pulls a little harder, and the acceleration is smoother. This is a difference I can FEEL, so I don't care what the numbers say. If I can tell there is a difference when I ride it, that's what matters to me.

In the end, it really doesn't matter what others are doing or saying. Make the bike yours, based on your specific needs and riding style. That's the best piece of advice I can give you.

MNDZA

I modded my bike for looks and sound. Performance is not a concern on the street...especially since this is my first bike.