Modifications for comfort for a big rider?

Taco

Hello all, I've had my fz6r for about eight months now and I absolutely love it. I plan on keeping this bike for at least a season or two more until I get some more experience, then give it to my girlfriend to learn on. The only issue I have is that I am a pretty big guy. I haven't legitimately weighed myself in a long time, so I don't know my actual weight but I would guess close to 380 at 6'4". Are there any modifications for the fz6r that could make it more comfortable for me that can be easily replaced when I hand the bike down? I notice that with a passenger, my license plate likes to hit my back tire on any bumps also, so is there a different type of shock I can install to make the rear end stiffer to support my weight? I don't go too hard in the twisties, but I do like to get frisky on it sometimes. :D Thanks for any help guys!

P.S. I did try and search for information before making a new post, but I could not find anything. The search bar on this forum had me hella :confused:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

knightmare

Ya rear adjustment is a must.... You can also raise the seat it self.... Those are free adjustments... You can upgrade you front fork springs.... Get springs with less bounce and a thicker oil.... It will be better for a big guy to take your seat in and get more foam cushion.... That way ur makes it thicker.... After a while the cushion breaks in and you will feel it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danieljardim

I'm about your weight and height and when I got my fz6r but had no problems with rear suspension at all. It fell fine for me. My only problem was the tank crushing my nuts when stopping. Even gripping the tank as hard as I could with my legs, my boys would still get crushed. :eek:

Taco

Thanks for the help and responses guys! I'll try and get the suspension set over my spring break this week. I'll look into finding some new bars but I hadn't even thought of getting a different seat. I don't really have a problem with the suspension when I'm riding solo, but the roads around here in so ill have some serious dips that just kill my plate. I suppose I should have mentioned I have an FE on the back, that's the real reason why it rubs haha. As for the nut crushing daniel, that struggle is real. I try to wear fairly tight crotch'd jeans so they will hold off the assault. lmao :)